• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Food Plot

Started by KySongDog, September 22, 2007, 04:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Me and a buddy just got done with planting a food plot about 3/4 acre in size.  We planted a mixture of ProGraze, Imperial Whitetail Clover, and some generic ladino clover.  We've had good luck with the ProGraze and IW clover in the past.   It was a pain getting rid of the fescue but it looks like it turned out OK.

Was wondering if any of y'all plant food plots, what you plant, and what kind of success you had with it.

Semp

Bopeye

I do Semp.

I plant potatoes, corn, green beans, tomatoes, carrots and some miscellaneous stuff.........I always have it eaten by this time of year though..... :huh: :wo: :innocentwhistle:

Never tried ProGraze...... :confused: Reckon the kids will eat it?  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

cb223

Well the land I deer hunt(even though my buddie told me I can't shoot bucks this year)  is surrounded by corn or soy beans, depending on the year!

Needless to say there is a 60 acre food plot around my favorite 20 to deer hunt.

There is ALOT OF DEER THERE!

I guess I really can't answer your question.

I think a food plot is a good idea. Especially if there is not alot else in the area.
CHAD

KySongDog

We have the corn and soybean fields too.  The food plot gives the animals a variety and lasts well in to the winter when the commercial crops are gone.  The real benefit is in the spring for turkeys.  The food plot is a magnet for them.

In KY we can do cost share with Fish and Wildlife dept  on food plots and habitat improvement.  I would think other states would have similar programs. 

Semp

Mallardsr

Buck forage oats in the fall over seeded with ladino clover. The clover comes back in the spring and is great for the spring turkey season. The oats are a true killing plot for fall. I have several kids that prove it every year.  :biggrin: RP