• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I can't believe what I saw!

Started by Roundman, October 21, 2007, 08:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

A friend and I went out to do some scouting on Sat . We topped a hill and saw a young coyote moving away from us. I barked to get him to stop, the coyote turned and looked. Then out of the corner of my eye I see more movement. This coyote is running with two other dogs. (HOUSE DOGS)  :shck: 

I've played it back in my head a hundred times and I know it was a coyote. This was no more than 70 yard from us. After they saw us they packed together and took off.

Both of us got a real good look at him. Long nose, pointed ears, thick tail, and an unmistakable lope for a run.

I'm sure some will think I am crazy, but I know what I saw. Has anyone else seen or heard of this?

weedwalker

Coyotes and dogs will get together, and even mate. That's were we get coydogs.

KySongDog

I agree. We have coydogs in West Kaintuckee.  So what you saw doesn't surprise me.

Semp

FinsnFur

Could it be possible also, that the house dogs were chasin it around?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

securpro

I did see a coyote playing with my chickens one time (at least i think they were playing)  :wo: anyway if coyotes and chickens bred would they make coychickens ? and would they still taste like chicken ? :wo:

:roflmao: :roflmao:[move] :roflmao:[move][/move][/move]

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

KySongDog

Well, now, that is something to ponder right there.........

If it was a male coyote then they would be coychicks.....if it was a female coyote then she'd have chickotes.....   :roflmao:

and then again, maybe the chickens only THOUGHT the coyote was playing with them but really the coyote was just messin around with them until dinner time...   :wo:   :confused:

:roflmao:   :roflmao:

HaMeR

Yeah!! Maybe they were just runnin the fat off those chickens sos they could have some lean breastusses!! :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

possumal

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Too funny, you wild and crazy guys!!
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Roundman

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 21, 2007, 08:52:55 PM
Could it be possible also, that the house dogs were chasin it around?

I thought of that also, but they were running nose to tail after I spooked them. 
This may be a common thing, I've just never seen it before.

vvarmitr

Had a coyote playing w/ our chickens one time & Ma shot him! :shck:  She turned around & looked me straight in the eye & said "See, ya don't play w/ your food!"  :huh:  Boy I had it rough at my house. :rolleye:  That's why I invent my peas w/ a straw for fear I'd get nailed for playing w/ my food chasing a pea around my plate w/ a utensil soos I could eat it. 
Guess you guys never knew I was the inventer of peas.  :innocentwhistle:
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: