• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How could I be so lucky

Started by Bills Custom Calls, October 20, 2007, 06:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

The end of Sept I mailed a call to Colorado it hasn't got there yet.I will replace that one.I ordered 2 calls coming
from Colorado at the same time.You guessed it I didn't get them either the call maker is so willing to replace those also.
Now I really understand what going postal means.There is a postal worker or 2 out there with some nice calls in their pocket and didn't cost them a dime.That is our Gov't workers at their best.

This kinda stuff just ruffles my feathers
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

There are a few using nice wooden ink pens too Bill. :argh:

Thats why I insure them for MORE than I'm selling them for thru the USPS. :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

THO Game Calls

I just had one lost going to South Carolina too.   

One thing to keep in mind is that the postal service is hiring a lot of temp workers right now for the holiday season.   

Still, they are usually pretty good about getting stuff where it is supposed to be.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

iahntr

That bites.      :argh:
I am trying to decide what I want to do too, as I shipped a couple out the other day, and will be starting to ship more. So one or two calls  runs ya about 2 bucks to ship, insurance would be, what, about another 2 bucks? Confirmed is another 2 bucks? So what percentage of calls would you have to loose though, to make it worth doing confirmed and insurance?   What does everyone else do?
Scott

Coulter

I had the PO loose a $500 check going to Washington state a few years ago...I had to cancel the check and right another. When shipping calls I usually just do delivery confirmation. If the call is worth more than $50 I also insure it. It might not be a bad idea to start insuring all of 'em during the holiday season though.

Steve

THO Game Calls

If you ship a call via first class mail, it cost you about 1.50 maybe more.   Then you have to buy the envelope to ship it in, another 60 cents to a buck depending on where you get the evevleopes.   Delivery confirmation is 60 cents or so.   When all is said and done, you've spent over 3 bucks for first class mail in a padded envelope that you had to buy, hand address and carry to the post office to have wieghed and postage put on.   And everytime you eeither over charge or undercharge the customer.

There is a better way.   It's called Click and Ship from the US Post office, and if you are shipping calls, it is going to be 4.60 no matter what for priority mail (unless you ship a howler or something very large)

Now, here's the best part.

The boxes to ship the calls in are free from the post office, and they will deliver them right to your door.   You order them right on line. 

Boxes protect the calls a lot better than any padded envleloe ever will.

You print the labels right off your computer at home.

If you do them the day before, you can even schedule a mail carrier to come and pick them up right at your home.

Delivery confirmation is free with Click and Ship.

Either of the two small boxes you can get from the post office will fit inside a Flat Rate envelope (which you can also order from the post office for free)  and no matter what it weighs up to 70 pounds, it will cost you 4.60.  Both you and your customer know what shipping is going to be.  No more, "you charged me 3 bucks and it only cost you 1.50 what a rip off artist."  And belive me, people think that. 

If you have a howler or something like that, you can use the flat rate box for 8.95.  Those boxes are free too.  The 8.95 includes the delivery confirmation and no matter what you put in them, up to 70 pounds, they are still only 8.95.

The click and ship program allows you to save addresses in an address book so you do not have to type them out each time,

It sends an E mail to your customer telling him that his package has had a label printed and is on the way along with the delivery confirmation number so they can track it.  You look very professional.

And again, it's all free.    You dont have to run out to buy envelopes or run to the post office every day.   It also gives you a printed reciet of your labels so you can provide on line tracking to PayPal should a dispute arrise, and it simplifies your taxes (if you pay them on yoru call business).

Once you get used to it, and that will take a time or two, Click and Ship is a breeze to use.   

It is all at the www.usps.com web site.

This took me a long time to figure out, but once I did, it is all I use.   The entire system is just too easy and too good to pass up.

Well, that's what I use, and if anyone wants to try it and has troubles, as always, give me a shout and I will help you out with it.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Same here. But I use PayPal's version.
Customers pay for their hides through Paypal, and there's a print shipping label button listed right along side the entry in PayPal.
The shipping label is paid for out of your PayPal account, confirmation is free, and if you ship priority...the boxes are free. You can even order the boxes right from usps.com free.

Actually I think you and I are using the same thing Al.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jerry Hunsley

Hey , don't feel too bad. It must happen all the time. I mailed a guy three calls and he never got them. So I bit the bullet and sent him three more. He got them the second time, but don't know what happen to the first ones. I never insure my calls so I guess that's part of the game. I have only been burned one time with the guy never paying me. I sent him the call right away and never did get a check. I even emailed him being very polite but never did hear from him. I guess it takes all kinds of people .