• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Fur Prices

Started by keekee, October 17, 2007, 12:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

I talked to a guy today that said Grinner's were going to be up to 4-7 bucks!????? Anyone else hear this? Said the big retail fur makers found a new style using the fur from them?????????????? Unreal!!!!! Break out the grease gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laf:

I find this hard to believe.

Brent

studabaka

:shck: That would be something...... could change my whole perspective on those little set trashers  :readthis:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

Well it would clean up the road kills around here if the prices were that high.

Jerry

frshwtr

i know they are greasy but i'v alwats tried to take them out and they help to pay the gas. used to pre-bait along the coon line to keep them out of my coon sets. big prime ones have been going from 2.75 to 3.00 at our fur sale. besides at the end of a long day a possum looks pretty good if thats the only thing you have caught. guess that goes to show i'm not a pro.

Coulter

Even at 7 bucks I wouldn't want to put them stinkin' things up. They are just an outright pain in the arse. Gimmee a fatty old coon any day...at least the hair won't slip. :wink: You want me to send you my opossums Brent :biggrin:

Steve

keekee

Thanks Steve but I think I will pass.....lol....Thanks for thinking of me though....lol

But I will say at 7.00 bucks, they would help cover the gas...lol...I got a kid down the road who wants to skin for me this year, I might just take him up on it....lol :biggrin:

Brent

awh

Have not heard that but I did hear coons were going up this year. I was told some where between 20 & 25$. So I hope that is true.

As for the possums......Lil-man gets the honor on all those. It gives him some practice skinning & fleashing. And helps out on the toys he likes to buy. Like a new rifle , shotgun, traps, tree stand, motorcycle....ECT ECT ECT!
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

keekee

I heard that about the coons as well. They will be up early, then the bottom will drop out of them I would say. Trap hard and sell early on the coons. I was told that the market was low on coon pelts and as soon as they bring it up the price would fall. I also heard Greys would be up this year as well.

We can hope for a early cold winter up North, and a cool late winter in the southern part of the state....lol

Brent

frshwtr

read the market report in fur-fish-game, they mentioned that grinners topped at 7 something at a national fur action but now expect 2.50 to 3.00; also mentioned coon and greys being up but reds arent so hot ( 18 to 20 ). they also said with the increas in coon prices to sell early in case the  market gets flooded.

keekee

As warm and dry as it has been here I will target coons hard early, then sell early. And keep a eye on the market as I go. If it stays warm then the market will flood fast. If it gets real cold early then it will stay better longer.

I will hold everything else for a out of state buyer we get here in late season. He always treats us well when he comes threw here.

Brent