• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

SOLD

Started by BryanStanley, October 10, 2007, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BryanStanley

Still working hard in the shop every night after work. The end results speaks for itself.
Two open reed all clear acrylic with o-ring fit tone boards.
Man do these babies scream to the point of hurting my ears in the shop. Both will do kiyi's, youung pup howls as well as very loud distress. If ya can flutter your tongue you can also make some pretty nifty bird chirps. Either can be yours for $35.00 to your door.

NOTE
if ya look at this post let me know what you think good or bad. I am always open for constructive comments.

Thanks
DoubleCoyotee

wv_yoter

I think they both look good Bryan. I like the different style's, the green one in particular.  :biggrin:
Jason

THO Game Calls

Just my opinion, so don't take this the wrong way, but the  ************Got Acrylic ***********   type titles take away from your calls.  I understand this is a common practice in other places to put up the neon banner type head lines, but if you strive to build your reputation as a call maker it wont matter what you put in your title.  People will look because of who made the call, not the title of your post.

The green acrylic call looks like the bell needs to be finished on the very botton.  Could be dust from setting it on the work bench, but it looks rough from here.

I like the overall design of both calls.  You did a good job on the both getting them nice and clear. 

You've become a good call maker, and you will only get better as time goes on.   So let your work speak for it self. 

Al

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

BryanStanley

Al
you are absolutly right on the dust, I did not notice it till after the picture was posted. I will take your constructive
comment and put it to good use. I really do appreciate your comments as it only pushes me  to try and be better than the next guy.

Bryan

Lonehowl

Same here, I like the shapes and they look very well made.
One thing I seem to always have trouble with turning acrylic is the nooks and crannies at sharp corners or at the bottom of beads, its hard to reach all those areas to make em smooth and clear. In the pic of the green one it looks like there are a couple areas like that but it could just be the picture. Otherwise they look great to me.

FinsnFur

I like that green one. I seen the same thing Al did with the bottoms of the bells, but I automatically assumed it was dust. Never dawned on me that it might be unfinished...but look at me  :laf:
Nice work.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Lookin good Bryan. I like em both !  :congrats:
Scott

Brad H

Bryan,
I was surprised to see Al bring up the thing with ***** those....mostly because I feel the exact same way.  I never have cared for the attention getter's myself. I keep my titles as subtle as I can, but that's just my preference.

Your calls are looking fantastic. I know I can't finish acrylic like that.

The only other thing is, and it might be the picture, but the reed edge should be sanded smooth all the way around. 320 or 400 grit will remove all the jagged ridges and gives a more professional look. Again, you might already be doing this and the pic angle is funny, but it's something I've noticed with open reeds from other callmakers.

I admire your drive to be better than the next guy. Keep after it!!

Brad

desert dog

www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

ninthinning

Bryan,
My calls came today. These are fantastic calls. Each has its own unique sound, and super loud. Tried them in the house and my ears are still ringing. The flawless tone boards can also be played with a clear crisp quiet howl. I really admire your skill in turning cast acrylic. The taper of the horns is excellent. Your finish is first class with no mistakes. These are going to be an unbeatable hunting pair.
Thank you,
Eric
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8