• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Predator Vest

Started by SwampCat, October 23, 2007, 04:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampCat

Primos Predator Vest w/bi-pod, Feather-Dancer Decoy and FoxPro XR6 in rear pockets. XR raised for pic; Flat and buttoned when in transit...

THO Game Calls

I don't get it?    :confused:

This an advertisment, endorsement or something I'm missing LOL

I have never used this vest, bt I did use a Primos Turkey Vest for one season.  Gave it away.   Velcro belongs at home, not in the woods :)

What I would like to see is Badlands come out with a sling pack the size of their Super Day or Day pack.   

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

vvarmitr

Okay, Mr. Swampcat guy, just because you're a newbie don't mean you can leave it on a hanger to show us.  :nofgr:
Oh no, you have to put it on & model it for us. Front view, rear view, & a side view or two.
I promise I'll do my best not to  :hahaha:

I heard some time ago that there were some predator hunting vests coming out. This is the first I've seen. :shrug:  I like vests. Iffen you don't believe me look at my avatar. :biggrin:
Thanks for the heads up Swampcat.
BTW How much $ was it?

BIF Welcome to the board. :wink:

studabaka

I have not used either, but a vest with the 'right' storage configuration(s) would be a nice addition in warm conditions. I have yet to spot one that really fits the bill and would be useful for a variety of different hunting, but pockets for stuff is handy if ya can get in and out of them easily and noiselessly...... I agree 10000% on the velcro. I either cut it off, tape it over or use pieces of it to narrow down the connection. Way too much noise in my opinion.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Jimmie in Ky

I haven't seen a predator vest either. I use a turkey vest myself and don't mind the velcro at all. Only time I am fishing for a call is when I am changing stands anyway.  Plus I like th big back pocket for carrying hides and such.Jimmie

HaMeR

I use my turkey vest too but someday I wanna call April at the Yoters Den & have her make me a real nice one. She will make em the way you want them I believe.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

wv_yoter

I use a turkey hunting vest also. It's really light with large easily accessible pockets and a nice thick cushion that folds up outta the way when you don't need it. But not a stitch of velcro.
Jason

bigben

swamp cat is about as straight as they come guys.  it is actually good to see him getting out in the woods and hunting again.  If I remember correctly didn't you have a bout with cancer?  glad you got it nailed down what ever it was.  a guy at work that I kinda consider another grandpa is going through lung cancer right now. 

I allways wondered about the predator specific vests.  I bought a turkey vest for 10.00 two years ago 90% marked down at kmart.  really nice vest.  it has served well.  I do like the back cushion and buttpad.  If I had to get one made it would be the strap design that so many trurkey vests are made like only I would have shell loops for .223 and 12ga shotshells.  other then that I would keep the one I have the same.  the vests do not seem to fit well after you put a heavy coat on.  I was actually thinkin of getting my mother to modify one.  and I do not think april at the yoters den can make em any more.  forgot what happened but email her.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

I have an el-cheapo turkey vest...but it has enough pockets, both inside and out to carry about everything I want to carry....and a drop down seat to keep the old derrier dry and comfy  :biggrin:

The inside pockets zip and the outside ones snap, so it is quiet enough...I have become rather enamored with NOT carrying a lanyard, as a matter of fact...I dislike them....horribly...so, I put my call lanyard in the left inside pocket, just in case....but I normally just carry two small calls in my right shirt pocket, an open reed Kat Kaller and a very loud coaxer....'bout all I use anymore....the remote goes in my right inside pocket...

I carry my FX 5 in the back part where the game bag is, along with some small poly rope for dragging if I forget my camera...

Joe