• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Anyone hunt LBL today ?

Started by securpro, December 23, 2007, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

Just wondering if anyone hunted LBL today, I have a friend that went down this weekend by himself and havent heard from him yet even though he said he might stay till monday !  I was supposed to go with him but I was not able to ( felt bad about backin out ) but I was sick and had alot to do around the farm.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

coyotehunter_1

QuoteI have a friend that went down this weekend by himself and havent heard from him yet

:rolleye: Boy, I hope one of those LBL boogers didn't get him, especially that big blonde female one I saw at the truck stop last year. :roflmao:

securpro.... Get to feeling better now,  ya' hear !   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

LBLDOG

securpro, I went solo today to LBL(Monday) . I hunted for bobcats in the county ,then made my way for just a couple of stands. I seen some what look like a hunter in a little grey compact car. I also seen a red s-10 going on my way to hunt on the side of the road(could have been a bow hunter). I tried some deer distress and little rabitt distress. I thought I might change the sound up a little. I barely went a mile in( maybe not going in far enough) but I couldnt stay long because I had to watch my 7 and 5 year old. Im starting to get a little frustrated at the yotes. The past year I only called 2 up at LBL. I have better luck in the county.(but I still love LBL).

DGF

I hunted there this morning (12-24-07) from daylight until about 10 am, I seen one guy that was bow hunting and felt pretty good about finding fresh tracks this morning. Seen several deer between daylight and sunrise but after that there did not seem to be anything moving. 

Weekend before last I hunted saturday morning and seen five and killed two. Two of the five I seen while driving down the road.

Omega47

What the heck is LBL?  I see all these LBL posts and I'm wondering what LBL is....

weedwalker

Land Between the Lakes at Ky Lake

Jimmie in Ky

It is also where we all meet to hunt the first weekend of february. Not a lot of critters taken but a good time is had by all. And some folks manage to take home some info they find useful in thier own efforts.

LBLdog, you go up there for the same reason I do, if it were easy you wouldn't do it  :eyebrownod:  Jimmie

securpro

LBLDOG, That was him in the little grey(silver) Toyota Yaris he was Bobcat hunting also. I still havent heard from him but I'm sure I will tommorow.  Thanks
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Jimmie in Ky

I thought the nut I saw in the compact  a couple of weeks ago was varmint hunting. He was wearing the leafy camo. He ain't careful he will be walking out of there this year .  :biggrin: Jimmie

securpro

Is that some kind of anti-compact remark there jimmy?  :roflmao:

securpro

Bopeye

Uh........excuse me......uh.......Jimmie. That was your cue to say something...... :confused:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jimmie in Ky

Wadda ya mean my cue to say somethin? Couple of good freezes and one section of one of the roads I drove today will fall out. He will need stilts and a winch on that toy  :eyebrownod:

And that road is supposed to be one of the good ones  :biggrin: Jimmie

centerfire_223

Hey Jimmie, Have you heard what zones they are allowing trapping in this year?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

Here ya go Ronnie.  This is from LBL's website.

TRAPPING
January 14-27, 2008. Kentucky Hunt Areas 5, 6, and 7; Tennessee Hunt Areas 11 and 13. Shaded areas on the LBL Public Access Roads and Hunt Area Map or posted "Closed to Hunting" are also closed to trapping. All trappers must possess an LBL Hunter Use Permit, state trapping license, and complete a trapping report at the end of the season. Legal traps, sets, and species must be according to state regulations. All traps must bear the trapper's name and address. All bobcats and otters harvested on the Kentucky portion of LBL must be Telechecked and tagged according to state regulations and statewide limits apply. There will be a beaver trapping season Feb. 1-29 in KY and TN, in all areas except those shaded areas on the LBL Public Access Roads and Hunt Area Map or areas posted "No Hunting". Otters may be taken in February during days which coincide with state seasons for the respective counties. Call 270-924-2065 for additional information or to get a report form.

*NOTE: Trappers may be in Hunt Areas 5, 6, 7, 11, and 13 from January 14 - 27. Hunters with dogs should avoid those areas during this period.