• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What's everybody's opinion on using blinds?

Started by iahntr, January 06, 2008, 12:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

QuoteI dont know if I'd be too confident in the one you got pictured there. It sure doesnt match it's surroundings very well.

Jim my Yankee friend :doh2: I guess this could be a problem if you are looking at the small picture. When setting up you have to look at the BIG picture. What you see at 5 yards versus a coyote at 20 to 100 yards is totally different. Here are some more frame grabs from that stand at different perspectives.

Looking into blind at 5 yards above us.

looking out of blind toward coyote.

What coyote see's from 60 yards

What coyote see's if he could zoom up like we did on the camera.

QuoteMaybe an old Seseme Street shower curtain would work better.

Maybe not better but just as good. We only wanted to break our human outline and hide our gear. The color doesn't matter to us other than the camouflage pattern just looks cooler around our buddy's. :biggrin:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

iahntr

Scott

wilded

here in Texas there are a lot of deer blinds on some of the places we hunt and if elevated I love to sit in them with the caller on the ground below.  You can see so much more and often see animals coming from a long ways off.  :yoyo:
Make time for the important things in life
http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/

HaMeR

Now thats just cheatin right there ^^^^^^^^^!!

:laf: :laf:

I would do the same thing here!! :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

Lot's of good info. Ya think that two man blind would be big enough for me?  :wo: :confused:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

securpro

Bop.... I am pretty sure the two man blind is big enough for you to fit in,,, however the chair has a 250lb weight limit  :innocentwhistle:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

HaMeR

QuoteGet all the concealment and weather protection of a two-man ground blind in a lightweight, easy-to-carry package. This chair blind is convenient both for its portability, as well as its all-inclusive design with two comfortable chairs built in. The chairs are covered by durable, weather-resistant Durashell fabric. The blind has two camo mesh side panels and a large front zippered window with a hook-and-loop camo mesh panel in the rear. You can set up and take down the Chair Blind in less than 10 seconds. It packs down to 20" x 40" long and fits into the included carry case with shoulder straps.
Chair dimensions: 56"W x 21"D.
Weight: 17 lbs.
Weight Capacity: 400 lbs.
Size: 61"W x 52"D x 60"T

I know what securpro has comin!! :eyebrow:  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

Quote from: securpro on January 13, 2008, 05:06:17 PM
Bop.... I am pretty sure the two man blind is big enough for you to fit in,,, however the chair has a 250lb weight limit  :innocentwhistle:

Hamer is correctamundo my dear securpro..........so without further adieu I must say..............

BITE ME!!!   :yahoo: ;yes; :thumb2:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

:eyebrow:

I otta get a "Get out of a BITE ME FREE" card for that one Bop!!  :thumb2:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

securpro

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

onecoyote

I'm gussing a blind probably has alot to do with where and how you hunt. The way I hunt I have no need for a blind, nor do I have the time to play with one.
I 'm no expert or pro predator caller, but in the pictures I see trees in tight country. I'd personally back up against a tree and use a shotgun without using a blind.
I wounder if my odds of calling in a coyote would go down vs someone using a blind?