• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Im addicted

Started by MDM, January 15, 2008, 07:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDM

I have went yote hunting one time with Dirty Dog and we had no success. Well i ordered some calls from ORION which came in yesterday. At the spur of the moment i messaged DD this afternoon and said i was going to make a stand right before dark. I went straight behind the house and got off in some weeds and hit the cottontail distress for about 30 seconds. I sat for a few minutes and seen nothing. Blew the call again for about 15 seconds and stopped. I was looking to my right when i heard something coming through the old crunchy cut over corn stalks to my left . I looked and there he came trotting along. He spotted me when i raised my gun and jumped and ran 15yds back the way he came from and stopped. At this point i was shaking like crazy but aimed and shot. He took off running back over the hill and i knew i had missed. I looked around till dark and found nothing. This was the most awesome experiance i have had in a while even though i didnt make contact. I dont have a scope on my gun and he was out around 50yds away but im not going to blame it on that. I flat out was just shaking so bad i missed. Heck im still shaking a lil bit. At first i didnt care i missed i was just so excited i called in a coyote but now over a hour later its sinking in and im a little sad i missed but i will get them next time. Oh yes im now officially addicted and there will be a next time lol. Below is a picture of where i was sitting. he came from over the hill towards the woods and from my left "downwind".

I learned a few things from this hunt.

1. I need a scope
2. I need shooting sticks
3. I need at least a feather on a stick or something to get attention off me.
4. Im addicted

DirtyDog

Nice work Dwight!!!!!

Yep.....I taught him everything he knows, except how to miss.  :eyebrownod:

MDM

Joe i feel the hunt was a success even though i didnt make contact. It was just a rush to call one up. Yall Dirty Dog has been answering alot of questions that i ask him about pred hunting and has let me borrow dvds to learn from and let me borrow calls to practice on untill i could get my own. He is a heck of a guy  :yoyo: Also i wanna thank ORION for the excellent calls  :bowingsmilie:

DirtyDog

^^^^^^^^^^^^ :readthis:  :readthis: ^^^^^^^^^^^^

wv_yoter

Congrats on the first call in. :congrats:
Jason

securpro

:yoyo: :yoyo: congrads on the callin' it took some of us a heck of alot longer to get our first yote to come in (atleast one we saw) keep it up  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Welcome to the board mdm38401 (aint you got an easier name?)

Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone :shrug:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

DirtyDog

Dude......cut the guy some slack. He just called in his first yote.  :holdon:

FinsnFur

Yeah you called one in so in my book it's still a success. Congratulations. :congrats: and hopefully you'll get many more to respond.

Now the hard part begins and that';s controlling yourself enough to make that confident connection with your rifle.

Keep tabs on what works and what dont work during your calling and setting up routines, and soon you'll be a pro like DirtyDog.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

MDM

Quote from: securpro on January 15, 2008, 08:55:47 PM
:confused: I went straight behind the house and got off in some weeds for about 30 seconds.I sat for a few minutes and got off again for about 15 seconds and stopped. I was looking to my right when i heard something coming through the old crunchy cut over corn stalks to my left .At this point i was shaking it like crazy  I looked and there he came trotting along. Dirty Dog At first i didnt care.This was the most awesome experiance i have had in a while I flat out was just shaking it so bad Heck im still shaking a lil bit,Oh yes im now officially addicted now and there will be a next time lol. :innocentwhistle:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I had to stop, could'nt keep it up :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

changing around my words eh? i'll remember that

Frogman

It's a kick isn't it!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

iahntr

:yoyo:  Isn't it great ! I can feel the excitement.
Don't be too down about missin it, it definitely happens.
You'll be ready next time.        :thumb2:
Scott

MDM

Quote from: securpro on January 15, 2008, 08:55:47 PM

:yoyo: :yoyo: congrads on the callin' it took some of us a heck of alot longer to get our first yote to come in (atleast one we saw) keep it up  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone :shrug:
i go by just MDM on other forums but it wouldnt let me use that short a name here.

MDM

thanks for the replies guys and not being to hard on me about missing  :laf:

DirtyDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 15, 2008, 09:23:39 PM
and soon you'll be a pro like DirtyDog.  :wink:

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:    Good one Jim!!!!!

vvarmitr

MDM: That is truly a success to just get one to come in.  I know exactly what you mean. :wink:  :laf:  Congrats! :congrats:

LBLDOG

welcome to the rush , isnt that feeling great , your heart feeling like it is going to beat out of your chest! :yoyo: