• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Went out for K9 came home with Feline.

Started by Padogkiller, January 25, 2008, 06:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padogkiller

Set out last Friday afternoon to call yotes normally where i hear them howling as it breaks daylight on ridge road. Got set up about 5:00 pm and i`ve seen cat tracks there before.I hung Foxpro in a tree on a trail about 100-120 yards downwind. I started playing Foxpro Snow Shoe Hare just so i could barely hear it.Off and on for about 20 minutes. A little snow squall had come in while this was going on. I figured i`ll just let it play and see what happens.20 minutes later. It was starting to get darker, but i could still see crossshairs on my .243 with 58grain hornady v-max. All of the sudden i see movement actually leaving my call on the trail call was hanging on( i never saw the approach). I rip my gun up and it actually saw the movement that far away and he wasn`t actually facing my direction. He stops, i shoot he falls over flat on his side. I run over to see My cat entrance hole only no exit! Well weighed it when i got back home 30lb. Tom. My Foxpro just paid for itself again. Finally after over 3 years of trying for a permit i was #4 to be drawn for a permit.

HaMeR

Way to make an impression with your 1st post!!  :thumb2:  Nice Tom for sure & Congratulations!!  :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DirtyDog

keekee

Congrads! On the Cat!

And welcome to FNF!

Brent

fuzz624

Really nice cat and thanks for shareing the story.That was one hell of a first post indeed.Hope you like it here and stay around awhile.

FinsnFur

Wow...that thing looks huge too  :yoyo:
You dont look like you've missed any growing spurts yourself....but you have to be grunting just a little bit and telling them to hurry up and take the picture  :laf:

Welcome to our site.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

That's what I was thinkin too, 1st post, show off.  :laf: :laf:
Seriously, very nice cat, welcome, and Thanks for sharin it with us.  :yoyo:
Where ya from?
Scott

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Troy Walter

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

wv_yoter

That's a nice looking cat. Welcome to the board.
Jason

Silencer

Thats really impressive !!!  I take it from your name you live in the same state as me.
I've been sending for a permit for 5 yrs with no luck.  This year I didnt send.

CONGRATS  on a beautiful cat !!  :bowingsmilie:

Coulter

Nice cat...what county did you get it in? I got a tag a few years ago, but it was before I got serious about calling. My only vain attempt to trap one was met with another nasty snow storm. I haven't been drawn again since :sad: Maybe this year. Congrats on the cat.

Steve