• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A couple of coyotes from this AM

Started by yucca, February 09, 2008, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yucca

Got out this am and made 10 stands. We were able to call in 3 and kill 2. The one we did not kill we just could not get to stop. So no shots were taken at him.

Here is the first one of the morning. Came in a minute into the stand on a straight line. My partner killed him with #4 buck at @ 30 yds. This one was rubbed up pretty good.

This one may show the rubbing better:

The 2nd kill of the day came on the 9th stand. When the wind picks up like it did on this stand we like to call from high up were we can cover both sides. This one, we think was sunning out of the wind a short distance away from were we set up. He stood on a small hill 200 yds out and just before he was going to take off my partner dropped him in his tracks. He had some really nice fur.

Here are the 2 coyotes together. See the difference in the fur quality?

Here is the coyote taking a nice peacefull nap:

A little of the country we were calling in:

wv_yoter

Congrats yucca. That's some good looking country over there.
Jason

vvarmitr

Sweet story & pix.

Man, I'd love to get into some area like that sometime. :biggrin:

canine

Nice goin and Excellent photo's Yucca  :yoyo:

What state are you in?

JD

FinsnFur

Looks like Arizona. As much as I loved the country when I hunted there...I cant stand that kinda heat  :pout:

Nice job there yucca. Great pictures, thanks for sharing em  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

yucca

I don't much care for the heat either and I really don't like humidity. That is why I live in New Mexico.

Thanks for the replies.

yucca

bigben

nice pics.  I loved it when I was in new mexico at philmont.  it would be 80 degs or higher during the day and then allmost down to freezing at night.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Nice pics and pretty country.    :congrats:  

One of these days I hope to be able to hunt out west.  

Semp

possumal

Nice yotes and beautiful country.  Good job. :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

onecoyote

I lived in ( Carrizozo ) New Mexico myself, I killed to many coyotes, so they told me to live. :confused:

yucca

Quote from: onecoyote on February 09, 2008, 07:43:28 PM
I lived in ( Carrizozo ) New Mexico myself, I killed to many coyotes, so they told me to live. :confused:

The coyotes told you to live Danny?

Jeb

Great story and pics Yucca and Congrats on the kills !!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  Beautiful country you live in !!!!!  WOW  :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
                Jeb

onecoyote

Yeah, why......you don't believe me? lol.

Brad H

Super nice mountain time zone country. They're getting pretty rubbed up here too. There's still time to get a few more in though.

Brad

Bob D

Great pictures of some pretty country. 2 coyotes taken out of 10 stands is way better than the average around here. Nice going !!!

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy