• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Tried to go hunting!

Started by cb223, February 09, 2008, 10:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb223

I got to my buddies house at 6:30, he had breakfast(and it was good) waiting for me. We had a plan to go to a new area. I have spent alot of time in this area, just not for coyotes.

I'm driving down the road, the same road I have driven down 500 times before. I have been going to this spot for at least 20 years to hunt or fish. There was a little water and snow in the way, nothing new. Most of the time this road is just a gravel road, sometimes there is a little water over it, no big deal. The water when it is flooded  is only about 6 inches deep. So naturally I just proceed to drive right through it. 

Well this time it is a bit deeper than normal and I fell through the ice and got instantly stuck! An hour later we got pulled out by a friend and decided it best to drive in from the other way.

After we drove around and came in from the other way we found a good spot, got set up on some good sign, started to call. Not 2 minutes into it two snowmobiles come through and proceed to race around us. I don't think they saw us.

Well needless to say that was the end of that stand. Walked about 1/2 mile found a new spot just getting ready to start calling and guess what ? The same 2 snowmobiles come through and stop not 50 yards from us! As soon as we let them know we were there they left in a hurry because they are not supposed to be in this area. Non the less they screwed our hunt twice.

I will be going back to this area when there is less snow, hopefully there is no snowmobiles! There was alot of good sign!!

Over all not a good day hunting but it was an adventure!

Here's a few pics of my Jeep stuck. This is only the second time that I needed to be pulled out in the 6 years that I have owned it.

CHAD

FinsnFur

Yeah boyyyyyy, that looks like fun!
We used to head north to the pipe line for a weekend of nothing but that stuff   :eyebrow:
Beer, mud, water, and trucks from around the country.

I wish you could have gotten us a couple roost shots   :yoyo:

Ok, I'll agree, it sucks though when you arent planning it :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Those pics remind me of hammeryotes and his LBL adventure.  :eyebrownod:  Sometimes a winch comes in handy.  :biggrin: 

Glad it turned out to be just an inconvenience and not a disaster.   :wink:

Semp

Hawks Feather

You need to drive on the roads and not try to drive in the river.   :innocentwhistle:    Under "normal" years that is what the rivers around here look like in the spring.   It doesn't look like fun.

Jerry

Silencer

:yoyo:  Been there and done that, not alot of fun wading through icy water  :holdon:  Or being stuck in the river and they deceide to turn on the turbines and the water is rising  :madd:

kyfuzzyface

That SUX better luck next time
Fuzzy