• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

my fathers bobcat skull

Started by bigben, February 14, 2008, 09:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

turned out nice.  check out them toophers.    a buddy of mine has a skull cleaning bussiness.  he did it for dad. 

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

keekee

KySongDog

Very nice!  Those canines look impressive! 

Semp

muss

Troy Walter

That looks nice,but them teeth could do some damage.

Jeb

Hawks Feather

Those teeth are just nasty, but then it is a CAT!  The skull sure looks nice and white.  I have never had anything like that done, but I have heard of the beetles, etc.  Do they bleach it after all the flesh is off or does a cat just have a really white skull?

Jerry

bigben

from what I hear from my buddy it is something with the degreaser.  every skull I have seem that he did looked like this so I knew it was in good company.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

Silencer

They showed the process on dirty jobs, the host about vomited  :hahaha:

Good looking skull Ben, nice job !

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the website address.  That was pretty interesting.  Does anyone know what kind of license you need to be a taxidermist in PA?  I found it interesting on his site that he can't attach a cleaned skull to a board because that would change it to being classified as taxidermy.  I did taxidermy years ago here in Ohio and there wasn't any special license needed at that time.  You just had to keep track of the owner's name, address, date of receipt of the animal, and species.  I did get a visit from a couple of federal officers wanting to know if I mounted any ducks or songbirds.  I told them no and I didn't plan to do any songbirds, but would let  them know if anyone brought me any.  I still have a bunch of glass eyes in the basement. . . never know when you might need some.

Jerry

FinsnFur

That did turn out nice. :yoyo:

We used to put them in a bucket of water for a week or so, which rotted all the meat and tissue. Then hose em off, bleach them with the same peroxide bleach kits women use for their hair....and them spray them with a sealer, to stop any odors and keep it from attracting insect.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

wv_yoter

Jason

azfester

nice looking skull, thanks for the website!!

ohiobob

That is a nice Clean Skull, I just always boiled mine in Sal Soda, it stinks like hell, but I always Boiled them over a fire in the Back Yard.
Good looking Skull your Dad has
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???