• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Three Legged Vandal

Started by bootmud, March 11, 2008, 10:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bootmud

Anyone remember this pic?  I made use of the new scanner tonight.

In June of 1997 I set up my first Camtrakker with some bait that I got from cleaning out the freezer.  I went back two weeks later to find my camera ripped off the tree and in pieces.  Fortunately the roll of 36 exposure film was still good and it took all 36 pics. 

The film revealed the three legged bear had hung around for a few days.  After cleaning up the bait the bear made dessert of the camera.  The last 10 or so pics were of teeth, claws, camera pointed up, down, etc.  In this pic the bear is looking at an old piece of deer bologna hanging in the tree if front of the camera.

The reason I asked if you remember the pic. was because this photo won 3rd place in the annual Camtrakker contest.  The photo was in numerous hunting magazines including Deer and Deer Hunting and North American Whitetail.

Enjoy.   Thanks,  bootmud

www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

FinsnFur

I dont remember it, but that's a cool lil story. I wanna see some of them , of him eating the camera  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bootmud

Jim,

I'll get some of them scanned and posted.  Even though it brings back bad memories and causes me scary dreams. :doh2:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

vvarmitr

:confused: Is it actually a 3 legged bear? :huh:

bootmud

vvarmitr,

Yea, only 3 legs.  I'll get some more pics of him scanned and post em.

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Red Dog

Hey !!! That's cool. Can't wait to see more BM. :highclap:

bootmud

Chuck,

Hows the back/neck?  Are you getting along better these days?  I hope all is well. :biggrin:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Rprince

Cool pics. Is he still around?

ErictheRed

I am always amazed at how many 3 legged animals there are running around.  I just saw a 3 legged bobcat in RPrince's collection.  Always makes me wonder what happened.

bootmud

Who knows but I doubt that Peg Leg is still around.  The pic was taken in 1997, I'd imagine he's a rug or fertilizer by now.

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Red Dog

Thanks Bootmud!!!! Hope to get back at it soon.See the saw bones this Thurs. :wo: