• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Few pics from this season

Started by Rprince, March 11, 2008, 08:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rprince

Figured I'd post some pics of a few critters from this year.

1st double of 2007

1st cat of 2007
22lbs.

Shotgun Double from a river float trip.

3 Legged Cat

Another River float dog

23 Lb Cat

My oldest,

Hope yall enjoy. I'll try to post a few more if I get a chance.

coyote101

Very nice.  Congratulations and thanks for the pictures.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Nice :yoyo:
Thanks for taking the time.
That Grey up top seems like a pretty hefty bodied fox. :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bootmud

Excellant!  Looks like you had a pretty good season. :highclap:

Cute little girl.  I have one just like her. :wink:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Carolina Coyote

Hey it looks like you are having a great season, and drilling them boys right thru the heart, good shooting, Got any stories with these pictures? Keep up the good work.  :highclap: cc

CCP

Good job!! looks like you had a good season. Keep them pic's a comin  :yoyo: :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Rprince

Here's a few of the finished product.
This is my first year for putting up fur. I've sold a few in the green in the past but I finally decided to stretch & dry this years crop.
A lot of work but a lot of fun too. I give my coyotes to a trapper down the road from me, he's set up for coyotes a lot better than I am.

Rprince

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 11, 2008, 10:42:43 AM
Nice :yoyo:
Thanks for taking the time.
That Grey up top seems like a pretty hefty bodied fox. :shck:

A lady called me and said she had a fox that she wanted DEAD. That fox had been eating cat food & even a kitten every now and then  :roflmao:
Thats probably the biggest grey that I've killed. He was well fed. :biggrin:

Rprince

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on March 11, 2008, 04:08:49 PM
Hey it looks like you are having a great season, and drilling them boys right thru the heart, good shooting, Got any stories with these pictures? Keep up the good work.  :highclap: cc

CC, Each one has got a story but I'd probably overload the system if I told em all. :biggrin:
I'll give a quick recap.

Our coyote numbers have been low this year & we have a few foxes that have made a comeback.
The red was my best shot of the year, he ran within 5 feet of me & caught my wind, needless to say he kicked on the burners. He finally slowed down to a loap & I shot him at 197 steps. I was very proud of that shot & a little suprised that I hit him.

The second double was the most fun that I've had all year. We were floating a river and calling. We made 4 stands and called up 4 coyotes. The first 2 stands were dry, the 3rd stand produced a single that winded us & the 4th stand produced a triple, 2 of the 3 didn't make it out. We were both shooting shotguns and we let two of the dogs get within 10 yards, I could litterally hear them breathing. We both pulled the trigger at the same time & both dogs fell in their tracks. I shot the 3rd coyote but he still made it out.

All in all it's been a good year. We've killed 14 coyotes, 5 foxes & 5 cats. Here lately we've called up more cats than coyotes, we've called up 3 more sinse season has been closed :doh2:

ErictheRed

Those are some very nice looking animals!  Good looking cats for sure.

bootmud

Great job on the fur.  Those cats sure are purdy. :wink:

boomtud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Carolina Coyote

Thanks for the stories Rprince, never thought about floating a river to Predator Hunt but that sounds lkie a winner and give me some idea's. Good way to sneak up on them. cc

FinsnFur

Man those cats are beautiful :yoyo:

Well..... :eyebrownod: So is Sissy's Mallard :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Rprince,
     I'm also intrigued by your float trips.  Do you shoot from the boat or pull over to the shore and make a stand near the shore?  Day or night?   Which state and which river if I'm not being too nosey?

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Rprince

Frogman,
We've always duck hunted in the rivers / creeks when everything freezes up, we put a boat in and float, most of the time you can get right on top of the ducks before they know you're there. Its kinda bushwacking but it works.

We were floating a few years ago & saw a coyote mousing down the river, we floated within 20 yards & he never knew we were there, he died from #2 steel shot :eyebrownod:. Since then I've been floating for coyotes.

We park a truck a few miles down river & launch a boat up river, we float from truck to truck. You MUST watch the wind, most of the time you're right on top of the coyote & he never knows you're there. We look for areas where the trees open up so you can see a little better. When we see a good looking spot we get out & set up right by the river, sitting on the river levee can offer a little better visibility. You can use flooded areas to your advantage, they can be used to funnel a coyote right into your lap. A shotgun is a plus :yoyo:.

I only hunt the rivers with guys that I really trust & know will be quiet & safe. Start your calling real soft, most of the time it will happen quick.

Day time only, we can't hunt at night here.
Tennessee, in the Forked Deer & Obion rivers, I look at photo maps & look for areas with a lot of cover on the edges of the rivers.

It's fun, but be careful. If you're ever down this way give me a call, we'll make a trip.

Frogman

Rprince,
         Sounds like a unique way to hunt.  Thanks for the info!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!