• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Groenewold fur company?????

Started by Rprince, March 12, 2008, 08:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rprince

Anybody know anything about this company?
I've got a few furs that I'm ready to sell & I considered shipping to them. Has anybody dealt with them in the past?

Thanks
http://www.gfwco.com/index.html

FinsnFur

I've never heard anything bad about him.
I know he travels around and does pick ups. I've never trapped or sold to him either, but I've been along with my brother several times to help, when Groenewold was doing a pick up.

I think he's got a pretty good reputation for being straight up. He's not going to rake you over the coals, but he's not going to put himself out of business either. He'd almost have to be very fair, considering the amount of time he actually spends in the field making the purchases face to face. :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Rprince

Thanks Jim,
Thats what I was wanting to hear.

Randy Roede

Groenewold will treat you fair, bring in good fur and get good $$$$ 

Rprince

Thanks Randy,
I shipped em yesterday.

Coulter

I have heard both good and bad about Grony...mostly good though. I strongly believe that the bad stuff heard is the by-product of poorly handled furs.

Steve

Rprince

Ok,
Here's the breakdown.
1 cat-$60
3 Cats-$40
1 cat $20

1 red $20
1 Grey $35
1 Grey $25

I got docked on one of my cats that was killed with a shotgun & I got docked on one of the greys that had a big hole that I sewed up. I had hoped that the cats would bring a little better but I know the prices have dropped a little & a Tennessee cat is no where near as good as a northern cat.

Here's what I sold.

All in all I'm happy & I will deal with them again. They seem like a good company.

DirtyDog

Good deal Randy, was the three legged cat in that bunch?

Rprince

:roflmao:  Yep, thats the one I got docked on. No more shotguns for me! I'll stick with a .223 from now on.

DirtyDog

I hear ya.....I may try to go to a different round that is a bit more fur freindly, or a different caliber.

yucca

Man those cats did not bring much. The cats averaged nearly 400 bucks at the local fur sale here in NM.
1880 pieces of fur in the sale.

Actual across the board averages:
Coyotes $23.49
Cats $393.95
Grays $39.83
Kits $12.03
Reds $19.00
Skunks $7.00
Ringtail $12.03
Beaver $20.29
Badger $14.40

Rprince

Yucca,
I'm assuming that our cats are a LOT thinner on the fur than a cat from your area. I can only dream of getting prices like that for a Tennessee cat.
The grey prices seem to be close to the same but a average TN coyote is around $10-15.

Are you in Northern NM, in high altitudes?

Thanks for that info, makes me feel like I got raped :argh:  Just kidding. :biggrin:

Rprince

Quote from: DirtyDog on March 18, 2008, 02:47:22 PM
I hear ya.....I may try to go to a different round that is a bit more fur freindly, or a different caliber.

Yeah, I saw first hand what your 250 will do to a coyote  :hahaha: he was slightly damaged.

I've had good luck with my .223 this year, I had one bad hit on a small red & he kinda exploded  :doh2: , other than that I didn't have any bad damage, most of the time I didn't have an exit at all.
The cat with all the holes came from a buddy of mine that always totes a shotgun.

yucca

Quote from: Rprince on March 18, 2008, 03:00:56 PM
Yucca,
I'm assuming that our cats are a LOT thinner on the fur than a cat from your area. I can only dream of getting prices like that for a Tennessee cat.
The grey prices seem to be close to the same but a average TN coyote is around $10-15.

Are you in Northern NM, in high altitudes?

Thanks for that info, makes me feel like I got raped :argh:  Just kidding. :biggrin:

Makes sense! I did not know those cats were coming from TN.  The heavy snows up in CA, MT and NV really drove the cat prices up this year.

Rprince

It would be interesting to slip in a cat from your area to a buyer from around here. I'd like to see if they gave what it was actually worth. :confused: