• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Student call

Started by Kuipdog, April 16, 2008, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuipdog

If you saw my 42 min call you will know that I teach middle school Ind Tech. I do teach the kids to make a few calls. I have been saying I was going to put pictures of their calls on here as soon as I got it figured out. Well here is the first I have to put up.

This call was made by a 7th grader this week. He spent about 1 1/2 hours making it. It is a crow call made from a very nice piece of blackwood. I don't know about you guys, but this is A+ work for my grade book!! I know the picture is not the best, but I took at school in the shop area.

iahntr

I would say that's a dang fine job !  :yoyo:
Tell him he did a great job on it.   :highclap:
That's cool that you're giving them the opportunity 
to do that, and that you get to share it with em.
                                                         Scott
Scott

Silencer

Nice, I can say I wish my shop teacher taught call making on the lathe !!  good job  :congrats:

FinsnFur

That is pretty cool that your teaching them that :highclap:

Looks like he did a fine job.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Hey Kuip, you could be planting the seed for a future Neil Cost by teaching these kids the wood skills. :biggrin:

So do the kids get to do multiple things in your class or do they pick one thing, like spin a call? And what ya figure the % is for kids that choose to spin calls in your class?

coyote101

Very nice.  Thanks for the picture and thanks for what you do.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

bootmud

That's pretty cool.  I wish I had someone show me the ropes when I was younger.  :highclap:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

DirtyDog

That is just one sweet deal right there.  :yoyo: