• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

blur on the fur

Started by LBLDOG, April 29, 2008, 05:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBLDOG

I went Teus. morning over to a friends were I have killed yotes before. I told my buddy I would let him shoot the ar -15 today. We got up in his deer house and put the foxpro out a little ways in the field ( corn field) along with a llittle furry prairie dog (toy) I got at big lots. I cut the tail of the dog toy and it looks really close to a rabbitt sitting down. I started playing lightning jack and then let out 2 male challenges, about 20 minutes past and in sneeks a big male with a death stare on therabbitt.  I told my buddy grab the ar and about that time the coyote takes off and my buddy tries to find him in the scope as he takes off my buddy shoots and misses and we both bark to stop him and he never slows down. I said what about it? and my buddy said it was just a blur of fur , " he said whats the power on the scope"  and I said I guess 9 thats were my father-in law had on sunday when we were shooting it! My buddy said crank it down to 3 For less than 100 yards.  We sat there probably another hour and I unloaded my ar to climb down and we walked out in the field to get the bunny and foxpro and my buddy said " dont move, I said you have got to be kidding? and he said "no". I said I unloaded it and took the clip out when we came down! :madd: The other one was standing in the fenceline starring at the bunny .  It was still a good day , anyway!

wv_yoter

Major bummer LBL, but it sounds like you still had a good time.
Jason

golfertrout

always when u least expect it :sad:

Carolina Coyote

Real Bummer but makes you wonder how many that come in and you never see them? At least you had fun trying and maybe next time you will get that double.cc

Frogman

Hey LBL,
     At least you were out there.  Can't do any good sitting in the recliner!!
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

Still sounds like ya had a good time. :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

possumal

I remember Bill Bynum talking about how as many as 60% of the coyotes who respond are never seen.  Of course that depends a lot on the terrain.  Those rascals can disappear in grass 6 inches tall if there is a shallow ditch there.  I am convinced that when you hunt alone and use only mouth calls, Bynum's remarks are probably pretty accurate.  When you hunt with a combination of mouth calls and a good ecaller, placed properly, the percentages go up in your favor a good deal.  How you use the wind makes a big difference in how many you see that respond.  If he is an educated yote, he is going to try to get downwind most of the time anyway. That's why I call with the wind a lot at lower volumes, and perch my butt at right angles to the wind flow, preferably on higher ground. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff