• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

scary saturday

Started by LBLDOG, April 28, 2008, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBLDOG

I get permission to hunt behind my parents house over looking a river. The other side of the river is a lease that I cant hunt. The turkeys had been pitchung down on both sides all week. I get set up sat. morning and have 2 gobbling across the river where I cant hunt :iroll: but I have one gobbling that I can work on my side :yoyo: I decide I need to get around the other side of the tree and get set up because he is coming good.I get around and set down to my left about 5 yards is a BIG, VERY DEEP drainage ditch running down into the river .  Im sitting therein the wwods and I see my gobbler way out in the field running for his life and Im like what has spooked it? :rolleye: Im sitting there gun up and ready and I hear DONT SHOOT, DONT SHOOT! Im like wow, 15 yards out in front of me is my childhood friend crawling under the fence coming out of the ditch!! My friend said I decided to hunt this side of the river today and not my lease, oh yea he said sorry I messed your bird up and I said dont worry about it! I was more freaked out about him crawling out of the ditch because he wasnt suppose to have been doing that. (oh well) My friend said the only way I made you out was your hat, I wear the cabelas leafy stuff with the leafy mask on and my hat on top of it. ( that was kinda scary) :shck:

Nelson

A few years ago I was at our land walking down a road to go turkey hunting and see two
guys walking down the road in front of me.  This land is posted, and I knew they had passed
a gate with "No Trespassing" signs on it.  I hollered at them to stop and asked them if they
didn't see the signs.  One said yeah, but we heard a turkey gobbling down here.  I had steam
coming out my ears by then, and I said I don't care if you heard an elephant trumpeting down
there your still trespassing!!  I asked what they supposed would happen if I walked up on them
or vice versa while  hunting.  They looked down and shuffled their feet a little.  I said you guys
go out the same way you came in and don't come back in here again.  One did call and apologize
a few weeks later. 
I would never shoot without definitely knowing my target, but you never know what someone
else might do.

Nelson

coyote101

Quote from: Nelson on April 28, 2008, 01:58:57 PM
I would never shoot without definitely knowing my target, but you never know what someone
else might do.

Nelson

Amen to that!

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Yep, that's how people get shot.  You never know whats walkin' around in the turkey woods.  :rolleye:

Semp

LBLDOG

your exactly right semp, thats what I thought after the fact , I allways  were hunters orange walking out even though this guy wasnt walking out !