• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Fisher sighting

Started by Silencer, May 05, 2008, 02:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Didnt get pics but watched a fisher work along a stone wall today while turkey hunting. 
At first I thought it was a huge JUMBO mink the way it lopped along, but no way a mink would get to that size.
This is a first for me, I know the PGC's been trying to re-introduce the species back into PA.
After viewing the pic on the PGC website I'm positive to what I had seen.
http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/browse.asp?a=498&bc=0&c=70024

Way cool encounter, wish I was closer to get a picture.

bootmud

Silencer,

That's pretty neat.  Good for you. :highclap:

I saw one a few years ago along Kettle Creek while archery hunting.  Those little suckers never stay still he was hobbeling all over the place.

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

bushmaster

I've seen them throughout my childhood in western Mass.  Shot 2 while deer hunting.  funny, i was sitting on a stone wall and one came hoppin down the wall toward me.  My sweet 16 did the trick on him.  The coolest fisher sighting ever in my experience was watching one tear through the trees and nab a squirell.  You want to talk about a distress call?
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

vvarmitr

Silencer:  You're sure you hadn't been hitting the cough medicine/mouth wash & that's why you were bunched up on the ground there?  :shrug:

:laf:  :laf:  :laf:

j/k   :wink:   That is sure cool when you get to see rare stuff like that.  Heck, I remember slowing way down in the car & saying to the girls, "Look girls, Canadian Geese!"   :doh2:   :laf:
Now it's more like "look at all those dern sky carp!"  :madd:

northern coyote

cool to watch aint they? we got 3 that I know of up here, one I know is a female (saw her w/ kits), aint seen one in a year or so.... :confused:
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

browning204

Every now and again I see one toolin in my back yard. It ain't uncommon to call them in with distress calls around here.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!