• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LAM closed and Walnut open reeds

Started by ohioyotehntr, June 20, 2008, 09:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohioyotehntr

I got a couple more out of the shop. The first is a laminate from Walnut, Maple and Cedar. The green spot just showed up while turning. I liked it. I have a whole new respect for the guys who make these. The second is a Walnut howler with a yellerdog toneboard.
Thanks for looking. Comments are welcome.

Dusty "Dirt" Ford
Dirt's Custom Calls

bootmud

The laminate is very cool looking.  I like the overall design of both calls. :highclap:

Nice work.

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Hawks Feather

Unlike my call, you probably had glue on your hands getting the woods together.  I like the looks of the laminated call, but would like it better it the mouthpiece was not walnut.  (I do like walnut, just not in this combination.  That being said, I could have an entirely different view if not looking at a picture.)  The shape and turning on both of the calls looks pretty good.  Like I said, I do like walnut and the open reed call.  The only question I might have (again only from looking at a picture) would be the width of the lanyard groove.  As long as para cord will fit it would be fine.

Jerry

ohioyotehntr

I agree Jerry. Once I got the LAM finished, I didn't like the walnut. When I started this call I was just looking at a pile of scraps and decided to play. I just started putting stuff together and did'nt really think about it. And yes, that Gorilla glue is some mean stuff. Lesson learned...ALWAYS WEAR  GLOVES!! :nofgr: :nofgr:
Dusty "Dirt" Ford
Dirt's Custom Calls