• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I'm Back...and here is my report.

Started by Coulter, June 23, 2008, 04:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Just got home last night at 11:30 after a 15 hour drive. The drive was almost uneventful, but a semi passed us around Terre Haute, Indiana blowing his horn and pointing to my pop-up camper. I looked in my side mirror and my door was flapping in the breeze on the camper. I had two new wolf traps stashed in there and I was sure they were gone :sad: I pulled over and ran to the door and sure enough I didn't see either one of them. We pulled off the next exit ramp and back tracked while scanning the other side of the highway. We spotted a box about 2 miles back, but one of the traps wasn't in a box. We drove 8 miles back to the last exit turned around and found the #5 Sleepy Creek laying there on the shoulder still in the box and undamaged, but we searched all over the place for the #9 Bridger Brawn wolf trap and couldn't find it anywhere :sad3: We drove the two miles back to the exit on the shoulder with the flashers on and still didn't find it. I looked in the camper on more time just to make sure and luckily I found it still inside :biggrin: No lost traps :biggrin: :biggrin: But we had to add 16 miles to the trip because of it. I think what happened was we hit a few bumps in the road and it knocked the boxed trap loose, it managed to hit the latch on the door just right and bounced right leaving the door open. Luckily that trucker saw it happen and Gave us a heads up immediately. I wish I could thank him, but he was long gone.

Anyway, we had fun at the rendezvous...as expected attendance was not the greatest and call sales were very, very slow. One reason for this is the guys doing predator demos (Tad Brown, Dave Hastings) were telling guys just to go to Wal-mart and pick up a cheap $8 call and thats all ya need. Sure that is true, but I think it really killed my sales. I'm kicking myself for not bring any turkey call - live and learn I guess :shrug: We made it back safely and that is all that matters, We're heading for the PTA rendezvous this weekend. I didn't sign up for next years FTA rendezvous, I can't afford to lose that kind of money again.

I won't even get started on the idiot auctioneer :noway:

Good to be back - for a few days anyway,
Steve

Silencer

Welcome back Steve, glad you found your traps, sounds like my kind of luck.  Its too bad you couldnt have spoke with the demo guys before hand.  We all know Wallyworld dont add up to a pimple on your bum when it comes to calls.

HaMeR

Glad you made it out & back Safely Steve.  :yoyo:   I don't know who those guys are but it sure woulda been nice of them to look around & see how many custom call guys were there & at least said something nice about them. Better luck at the next one!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Yeah, that's like piping up and sayin with the cost of gas
you shouldn't come and listen to guys doin seminars, you should
just stay at home and watch it on TV.  :doh2:  :nono:
     Ya never know sometimes until ya do somethin how it's gonna turn out.
  Glad to hear about the traps though!  :biggrin:
Least ya made er back safe and sound.  :thumb2: Better luck this weekend.
         Scott
Scott

FinsnFur

:roflmao: :roflmao: I can't believe your wife allowed you to go back. :yoyo:

More so I can't believe it worked and you found the trap. Glad to have ya back Bud......in one piece too. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Sorry to read you lost the traps, but happy to read you found them.  Someone up above was smiling on you or you would have found the box after 25 semi trailers hauling steel had run over it.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 23, 2008, 09:31:47 PM
25 semi trailers hauling steel had run over it.

Jerry

:roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

My wife didn't go with me on this trip Jim...she's going this weekend though. I'll have to be a bit more careful about the traps that I buy :innocentwhistle:

You got that right Jerry - somebody was certainly looking out for me. Ya know if somebody did find the traps along the highway they probably would have taken them to a recycling plant to get the money for the metal. :doh2: These are some pretty heavy duty traps. I'm just glad it wasn't a couple dozen smaller traps scattered all over the highway :shck:

Steve