• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How much would you pay for a used A-bolt in .338 win. mag.??

Started by bushmaster, July 09, 2008, 03:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmaster

Thats my question.  I found one at a local gun store and its priced at $759.00.  There are some scratches on the stock which is composite. 

26" barrel.
Minnett 4-15x50mm scope

The MSRP on this rifle is $846.00.  I'm finding it hard to shell out $760 bucks on a rifle that has some wear and tear on it.  I'd love to hear it from you more experienced guys. 
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

KySongDog

Seems high to me but I have no idea what the scope is worth.  You can get a feel for A-bolt prices on gunbroker.com.  Ya might check them out.

Semp

Carolina Coyote

Bushy, I have not heard of a Minnett Scope , I have a Millett scope and was wondering if that was what the scope was. If it is a Millett they are pretty good scopes for the money New price Around $200.00. The gun sounds a little high but there are others on here that can probably give you better info. cc

bushmaster

Forgive my spelling CC.  You are correct.  I bought the rifle today for $675.  The timing worked out well as i just sold my Gibson explorer for $800.  Which millet do you have?  As it turns out, my dimensions were off as well.  It is a 4-16x56mm.  There is no series name on it though.
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

Carolina Coyote

Bushy, I have the 4x16x56 Buck Gold, AO with Medium Plex Reticle, 30mm tube,I gave $200.00 for it and I am very pleased with it, I have it mounted on my Predator Rifle a 243 WSSM Browning A-Bolt, I think the Millett is as good as some of the higher priced Scopes on the market, They have one 6x24x56 with the AO on the side which would make it easier to focus, they run about $300.00, Yours may be 4x16x56 also. I think you will like the scope, they are pretty impressive for the price, let me know how your scope turns out. cc