• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Frogman's R-15 update

Started by Frogman, July 13, 2008, 10:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Since I got the new R-15 I have been working up loads for it trying to find an accurate load.  This load development was interupted by my bout with diverticulitus and a stay in the hospital. 
       I got out to shoot today (7/13/08) and I think I have found a good load!  Here are some photos .  .  .  .

I have been trying 60 grain V-Max bullets with Benchmark powder.  I worked up from 23.6 grains to 25.0 grains.  I tried these loads on Friday and got pretty good groups with 24.6 grains.  I loaded 10 more rounds with that load and 15 rounds with 25.0 grains of Benchmark.  Here is a 24.6 group at 100 yards . . .

Here is the same load at 200 yards . . .

Then I tried the 25.0 load at 100 yards . . .  Here are two groups with this load . . .

This second group is great as far as I'm concerned.  This rifle is turning out to be a real shooter.  The trigger is still very creepy.  When I get a Timney in it it should do even better!

Here is the 25.0 load at 200 yards . . .

I think these 200 yard groups will improve when I get a better trigger.
        This evening I loaded up 50 rounds of the 60 V-Max with 25.0 Benchmark powder.  Now I'm ready to get out and kill something!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

weedwalker

Nice lookin rifle Jim. :yoyo: And that's some good shootin too. :congrats:

Rprince