• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Last fishing trip {pics}

Started by pitw, September 06, 2008, 10:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I've tried this 4 times and after 2-3 hours I screw up and kill everything that I did, so here I go again.

It's a 14 hour drive from my house to Davin lake and the trip is worth the drive just to see some new stuff.

5 hours on this road

saw this coming into one of the lakes along the way

You cross the Churchill river and kids[not mine] jump in up at the top here.

and come out way down there.  Some actually miss the landing zone and have a long swim in from the lake.

5 hours from civilization and power there was this

Got to the lake and this is what greeted us.

The dock at Davin

The boys couldn't wait to get on the lake so

This was home for 5 nights

Went up the pink river 8 miles and Donny caught the first fish. A little 14" northern and while he was pulling it in this grabbed a hold and didn't let go

he got to let the little guy go saying "I saved his life" 

Here are some of every body with a fish or two.

Even the wife out fished me by catching this walleye under the boat in 6 feet of water while I'm chasing northerns

Lake trout

Shore lunch

Don't get Rory our guide mad as I watched him pick up a 100lb propane tank over one shoulder and put a cooler that weighed about the same on the other shoulder and walk across the portage.

Don't play with fire

Quite a difference

The fish cleaning shack

Davin lake lodge dining room [built by a guy from the states]

Picture of the statue of the Hanson buck on the way home.

I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

Nice lakers and nice pike.................................man, I love pike fishing.  :biggrin:

KySongDog

Beautiful scenery for sure.  Thanks for sharing.    :congrats: 

That fish frying in the pan made me hungry.   :wink:

coyote101

Very nice.  Thanks for the pictures.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

alscalls

Thanks for the pics.....looks like an awsome time!!! :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

weedwalker

Looks like you had a great trip. Those are some nice fish. Especially the walleye. :yoyo:

FinsnFur

WOW, well I'm sure glad you got the pic thing figured out. Awesome pics to say the least. And if you run into trouble next time gimme a shout.

Looks like everyone had fun, one question though. They let you fish in your Bermuda's up there? :laf: :eyebrow: You been walking around the boat in your underwear all day so now the kid is doing it on the porch of the cabin :laf:

I woulda liked to have seen that plane land in the water.
Good stuff  :yoyo: thanks for sharing them seriously. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 06, 2008, 11:10:44 PMThey let you fish in your Bermuda's up there? :laf: :eyebrow: You been walking around the boat in your underwear all day so now the kid is doing it on the porch of the cabin :laf:

When I first saw that pic I thought you had taken Jim with you.  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Looks like a great time, the kind some of us can only wish for.  :bowingsmilie:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

CCP

QuoteLooks like a great time, the kind some of us can only wish for

I agree. I have never been on an adventure like that in such beautiful country that makes me want to go.

Man thanks for sharing the story and pics  :highclap: This thread makes me want to go somewhere like that so bad. If I ever get to do something like that I will pack some extra Bermuda's. :laf:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

pitw

If you compare fishing to hunting the price is about  1/4 as much.  There are a lot of lakes up there and you do not need to have a guide but it was sure nice this time.  Wathaman lake is about 80-100 square miles in size and has aound 800 miles of shoreline. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Frogman

Great story and pictures.  Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

iahntr

Great pics !!
Looks like a nice place, caught a lot of nice fish, everybody looks like they had a good time, great trip all around.
Can't ask for much more then that.  :yoyo:
Thanks for sharin it with us.  :congrats:
Scott

Hawks Feather

WOW.  Thanks for the vacation. I feel like I was there.  The only bad part was that the fish didn't have much taste as I licked the screen.  After looking at the road I can understand why some people would want to fly in rather than drive.  But they missed the views on the trip - looking down is not the same as looking around.

Jerry

FinsnFur

:roflmao: as I licked the screen :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com