• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LL Baseball Tourney Update

Started by Silencer, July 26, 2008, 06:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

I had no IDEA how big this was/is... we had congressman at the field, all kinds of veterans, TV NEWS REPORTERS, and even an older gentleman that played in the first ever LL World Series.

Take it back years ago, the American Legion Post 357 in the next town over,  built a Little League field.  Just before the grand opening the area was hit with that big flood in the east.  The post, field, everything was lost.  Years later being today was the grand opening of this park after a hours of volunteer work and dedication.  Makes me proud I'm a member of the American Legion.  I'm a member of Post 86 in our town. 

Silencer

Here's the tourney schedule, we're Tri-Boro top left bottom, played the first game.

What the entire crowd was talking about, this was suppose to be the best of the best in this tourney  :yoyo:

My sons team

Silencer

Here's the boy on deck, he's got his game face on

The first at bat

After it was all over, Tri-Boro ended up victorious with a 10-1 WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!

My boy reached base on balls, hit a RBI single, and scored 1 run.  He ended up playing left field this first game, he told the coach it didnt matter where he played and I was very proud of him for that.
I explained to him what an honor it was playing on that field made by veterans, and how I wished I was younger to be able to honor it with him.

Tomorrow we advance to the next bracket, we play at 10:15am  and if we win, we play again at 5 pm, if we loose we play at 2:45 pm...   

WISH OUR TEAM LUCK !!!!       Thanks for looking  :congrats:

Silencer

Here's a link to the News..... pretty big stuff for around here WOOHOOO !!!

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/25945524.html

pitw

Have a great tournament.  Sure sounds like you are excited and having a good time.
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Good luck to your son and his team. :yoyo:

Silencer

Sure am, this game was tied up till 5th, then we opened it right up.   

I'll take some more pics and update yall tomorrow.  The boys already in bed getting a good night sleep preparing LOL...

Thanks guys, I'll sure tell him yall are cheerin for them !!

DirtyDog

Tell your son good luck from the guys here.  :wink:

iahntr

Scott

Silencer

Won our second game this morning, 4-3.  The boy went 1 for 2, poped out and got a double.
VERY CLOSE INTENSE GAME !!!  Had one play at the plate in the bottom of the 5th that would have tied it all up.
Left center fielder hit the cut-off man and threw it to the catcher for the 3rd out  :yoyo:

Only took one pic and it wasnt of the baseball, there's a tank there and I couldnt resist getting the Marine Corps flag in the background..

Gettin rested back up and we got at it again at 5pm against another team thats 2-0. 

Silencer

Got our first loss this afternoon, 11-1.  The boy only got to bat once and went down looking.  Kids didnt seem into it this afternoon but they're not out of it yet, being double elimination they have to play another tomorrow afternoon.

Even if they dont win tomorrow, they played well and gave it their all.  Going 2-2 in a tourney like this is something !!!
Some of the kids in Little League are bigger than me lol.. 

weedwalker

At least they're not out of it yet. Good luck tommorow.

DirtyDog

Sorry they lost, but I am sure they all had a good time anyways.  :wink:

Silencer

Took a hard loss this afternoon, we had the lead the entire game up till the 6th and a kid hit a 2 run blast over left field fence to pull ahead.  We were home and had last licks but the batts died.

Very proud of the "red-neck dream team"..   These kids did outstanding for only having 1 practice and never played with each other before.

The 3rd place team I'm very proud of

Hats off to Tri-Boro !!!!

DirtyDog

Congrat!!!!!!  :yoyo:

Look at the smiles on them boys faces!  :congrats:

Silencer

2-2 =.500 baseball, 3rd place out of 8 teams  :yoyo: :congrats:  I had chills during this last one, better than any Major League game I've ever seen.  I guess I'm coaching again next year for my youngest, this got me back into the coaching kick.  I've coached for 4 years and took this year off to be a fan, NOT NOW  :nono:  LOL :laf:

Hawks Feather

The good thing is that they got to play and had a good time.  That many games can take a toll on them (and their parents.)

Jerry

Silencer

Very true Jerry, now we move on to football.  Huntin season will be  here soon now  :biggrin: