• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I met a class act at Panama City a few weeks ago ...........

Started by LBLDOG, August 14, 2008, 04:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBLDOG

:yoyo:  Iwas in Panama in a few weeks ago and I was walking out of a shirt shop and 3 cars over sat Brad Farris of PRIMOS . I told my wife I was going to take the 7 and 5 year old over to talk to him. My wife said I will set here to make sure thats him. I said I know its him and it was! I told him that the boys ( 7 and 5) watch him on Teusdays and we talked bow hunting and he signed my boys camo hat! Brad was a super nice guy! I have seen in my 40 years of going places where people dont even acknowledge kids trying to meet them  but not this guy He was a class act for Our sport ! :yoyo: :yoyo: :congrats:

Hawks Feather

That is great that he paid attention to your kids.  It will help keep them interested in hunting and also in him.  Some people get the idea that they don't need "little people" and everyone but them are "little people." 

Jerry

HaMeR

I'm glad to hear it also. I think it's cool he took the time & your kids will keep those hats close by for many many years. It's also really cool you took your kids. I can see where some folks would be selfish enough to not include them.  :congrats: to you as well.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

way cool  :laf: Did the wife finally wonder over or not then?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

Thats cool, never know who you'll run into.  True story : years ago when I was a teen I worked at an Exon station just off I-81 pumping gas.   A man pulled in with a 4x4 suburban or the like, and had a dish on top it.   After asking questions about the dish, come to find out it was Dennis Kirk.  Said he was going north to record moose sounds  and that's what the dish was for.   About that point I frooze up, and didnt know what to say.     

LBLDOG

my wife wondered over to meet him also. I told him I had the 7 and 5 year old shooting with me and I told him they had a FRED BEAR bow with 9lb pull  and he said I going to start my daughter also, and then the back window rolled down and there was his daughter Meagan with a big :biggrin: . his wife with a big  :biggrin:  also!

Bopeye

That is pretty cool. Something your boys will talk about the rest of their lives.  :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

5 SHOTS

Reminds me of the time about fifteen years ago, I saw the Budweiser boat in a rest area and I thought I would ask for autographs or something to show to friends and they told me,  "We don't do that and you better not take any pictures either. Why don't you leave us alone." After that I have seen race car drivers big name bands and others and I have never asked again. Glad to here not everyone is that way.  :highclap: 
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.