• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Closed Reed

Started by Yotehntr, September 08, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Thought I'd give closed reed calls a try, wanted to post a couple of pics of my first to and ask for any coments, critiques are welcome. Even if you don't like the accent rings!!!  :roflmao:

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

blacky

Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

John_NY

I like the looks of the call but I do have a question. How big is the bell on the end? Is it small enough so you can cup your hand over it and really work the call? 

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

pitw

I don't build them I just buy them and with that said I think it looks good but the proof comes with the sound to me.  I couldn't care less about accent rings or dings just make it sound good.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bills Custom Calls

I think that piece of maple looks awesome  :yoyo:
Oh yeah the call is a work of art also  :bowingsmilie: I bet it is really loud

Ya done good Brad accent rings and all
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

frshwtr

unique shape, on some woods accent rings look ok (i dont mind them at all), nice piece of maple.  i'll agree that looks dont call the fur its the sound but i dont see here that you have voiced it as of yet. as far as the shape and size of the bell that wonders me also but here again its the individual taste, looks like this one would fit my hand. all this said i'm shure more than one of us would like to ask a price so we can see the call upclose and personel. i for one would be interested.

Yotehntr

Thanks for the comments guys! The bell is about 1 3/8" in diameter. I  wear med to large gloves to give you an idea of my hand size, and I wouldn't use a call I couldn't cover with 1 hand. I like to keep the other on my rifle. This one I'm using a double reed it's my prototype that will be hanging on my lanyard. I'm trying to decide in particular about the mouth piece not quite sure if I like it. I'm happy with the rest of the call, really like the sound. I played around with another and like the mouth piece on it better, changed a little on the bell end and don't like it as well. I'll mix and match around until I'm completely satisfied with it before I think about pricing one. Bill you are correct it is very loud I've gotten the "stink eye" from my wife a few times with it already! LOL 
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

alscalls

I love that .......Real nice :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

John_NY

Oh yeah, that would be easy enough to cup. Sometimes it's hard to judge in a picture.  I like the rings to, they kinda highlite the maple.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

frshwtr

speaking of mouth piece, that is the oiece very seldom shown. i like mine opened up pretty goo almost a reverse bell, you know dimled. it allosw me to give the rasberries and flutters the sound.