• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Butternut distress open reed

Started by John_NY, September 15, 2008, 11:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I made this butternut distress today using Chads 5/8 mandrel. The toneboard is made by me as well. I haven't used my tailstock since I got the mandrels. they are good and solid and you can turn a call with no problem or wobble at all without the tailstock.

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

blacky

John , that is a good looking call and I have to agree about the mandrels from Chad. I just got mine yesterday but can see right off the bat how much of an improvement their should be in my turnings. They hold good and tight with no slipping of the blank whatsoever.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

John_NY

I like the fact you can work on both ends of the call without ever taking it off the mandrel. Once done the call comes back off easy also. It makes making a call more fun to do.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Hawks Feather

Be careful having too much fun making calls.  You will end up with WAY too many toys.    :wink:

Jerry

blacky

I don't know if I am having fun or not but it sure is much more enjoyable since I got Chad's mandrels.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com