• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

This weekends hunt

Started by Yotehntr, September 22, 2008, 12:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Did a little hunting with WldWldwest and his son this weekend. Thought I'd give my new closed reeds a try.  Sat down at our first stand and did a short series of distress. I had positioned Colt his son where the coyotes have always come from in the past, so to be honest I was watching in their direction to see the action. Yep one came in to me from the middle of the field somewhere. Shocked to say the least I fired a warning shot for the yote, and to let the others know I'd seen one. Followed by a few standing extra warnings incase  the coyote didn't hear it the first time while it was running away.  :roflmao: Well long story short the calls work real well hate I couldn't post a pic but I did that "miss" thing.  So when I get to selling some of the closed reed calls if any of you smart a__ 's out there ask for it to be signed "Miss Yotehntr" they'll be an extra $100 tagged to the price.  :roflmao:  Well got home after licking my pride's wounds and Doug calls and says some of the land he has to hunt on just cut hay... on top of that one of the guys cow's just calved and they took the afterbirth out in the field where we hunt. Needless to say we went out again the next morning. Got there just after sun up. When we were walking in Doug turns around and says "shoot that coyote" I thought he was joking and we all walked up to the fence sure enough there was an old grey ghost about 150 yds out. Doug and Colt commenced to warning the old dog with a few shots and he payed attention and made for cover. Oh yeah I pulled the trigger on my AR to find out I hadn't fed the bolt in all the way so all I got was a click. Doug says it still counts as a miss. Well we crossed over the fence and walked about 80 yds into the cut field and either the same yote (probably thought he was safe) or another one came walking across the field further out. We all kneeled down and I gave a couple squalls out and he turned around and headed our way. At right at 200 yds (Doug had his range finder) he stopped. Looking our way 3 of us without our face masks on sitting in a cut field. Well I sent a shot his way and heard that loud thump. Down he went  redemption!!! Here's a couple pics  of the new closed reed I'll be making and the yote.

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

Nice job. :yoyo:
You have no idea how much they really appreciate those warning shots :biggrin: :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

I have got to find a hunting spot like that! Congratulations on a successful hunt.  :highclap: :highclap: Nice looking call too.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Great story!   :congrats:

Warning shots!   :roflmao:   I'm gonna borrow that one, OK?    :roflmao:

pitw

Wunderful story and congrat's.  Good looking call too.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Yotehntr

Thanks guys! We had a blast.

Semp, borrow what?  :innocentwhistle:  I thought everyone gave'em a sporting chance.  :laf:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

alscalls

I know all about those warning shots :rolleye:.Just not fair unless you warn some....... :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

WldWldWest

Miss yotehntr...I LOVE IT!!! :roflmao:. Ya know Brad...When your as good as we are? It's only fair to fire a warning shot...Yea right! All joking aside It was a very exciting weekend as far as Coyote hunting goes. We had as much action in one weekend as weve had all summer! My son had a great time and I appreciate you trying to put him first each time we made a set! Just goes to show what kinda Man you are even though he's no cherry when it come's to hunting...Anything!  Even had ya not been good to him I'd keep ya around anyway...Cause ya do make KILLER CALL"S :highclap:

Congrat's on your dog!

And bye the way next time...I shoot first! You know what that mean's...More warning shot's!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!