• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Farm Auction

Started by pitw, October 23, 2008, 07:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Went to an auction sale for a neighbor yesterday.  Farm/ranch had been in the family for near a century.  Thought I'd show you some pic's of how we get rid of stuff and the stuff we gather.

Auctioneer's office

Stuff

Good stuff

Rustling stuff

Made in U.S. stuff

Stuff I bought

And the crowd
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

You sure do hate to see land leaving a family's hand after that many years, but there could be good reasons.  Looks like the kind of sales that I love to attend - lots of things that I really don't need, but while there think I can't live without.  There seems to be a good crowd and even Santa was there.  I am thinking that Santa just pretty much stayed in one spot until the end.

Jerry

vvarmitr

Do you know what the Nu-Boston post hole digger went for?  :wo:

pitw

The post hole digger went for $25.  Santa was there with olive and visited for about an hour.

frshwtr

if went there i hope i was in the little family sedan; if i had the truck it probablu would have gotten full.

5 SHOTS

I could go on foot, leave broke, and have to make two trips with a pickup.  :rolleye:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Hawks Feather

I only need a post hole digger about every three or four years, but I think if I was there I would have run the price up a little more than $25.

Jerry

FinsnFur

There's a sale like that every weekend around here. It's unbelievable some of the things you can find at these sales and at some darn good prices to boot. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 23, 2008, 07:52:01 PMIt's unbelievable some of the things you can find at these sales and at some darn good prices to boot. :eyebrow:

Thats what happens to me.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

vvarmitr

I just bought one last year & paid $150(new) & was tickled to get it.  Rarely see that type of posthole digger around here. Had one on the farm growing up.  :biggrin:

pitw

There were five at this sale and you'de have thought after 100 years some of them would have seen some use  :confused:  :shrug:.

mihai123

wow ... everything went so cheap

What price was the tractor?