• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hunting With Amanda

Started by pitw, November 18, 2008, 07:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

My daughter Amanda got drawn for antlerless Moose and phoned while I was talking my customer out of 1/5 of his calf crop last night.  She has decided that I may accompany her on the moose hunt of a lifetime [at least a daytime] and will meet me at seven in the morning.  I pack up my 4x4 for the day which would include 4x1litre coke, 2xsmokes, chains,comealong, mitt's/toque and my camera.

On the way to where we were going hunting I had to stop by a buddy's and check his cow's for him.  Out in his pasture is one nice buck [if the guy running the camera wasn't such an idiot you could have seen a pic] that had as high a set of horn's as you are likely to see.  With him were these

Then we saw this little guy that hardly stood out at all [remember the idiot :doh2:]

I started walking a ridge to see if I could move any moose over to Mandy and walked up on this guy [same idiot :doh2:] who had a cow and calf with him.

They went past Mandy and her clearing at a slow saunter she said after I had followed through the bush where a rabbit wouldn't go.  I guess she couldn't decide whether I had lost enough weight yet or not and didn't shoot.  We continued on to another ridge I like to hunt and on the way to there another deere came over the hill.

Walking along through the bush on what I hoped was a good location this fellow was using his winter camo to hide from everyone.

Maybe 75yds from the rabbit I was sorta/kinda following along behind Mandy [just like any dog that know's how to heal] and she came to a sudden stop[ I ran into her].  She moved slowly to a tree while I'm trying to find what the heck she has seen.  Bang goes the 25-06 and thud , thrash and crash goes whatever she had shot at.

I think she was a bit surprised by the whole thing.

They do got long leg's and trust me when your kid connect's they do smile.

Well being a lazy man at best I phoned the deere and seeing as he was only 3/4 of a mile away he came over and loaded it for us.

She about filled the tuck and I was glad of the deere

Then we got it home and she proceeded to skin her out

Then she had to remove some entrail's

Had lot's of help with the butchering too.

Hide was off and she salted and packed it up for some reason.

And the tool's of the trade.

Shot at 11.45am and done hung in the garage by 3.10pm.  She shot the cow right between the eye's and as she explained later it was the only good shot she had as you couldn't get through the underbrush with a bullet.  She's happier'n a pig in pooh and I get to eat some of the best meat there is.  Thank's for looking
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Myyyyyyyyy lord you have got one heck of a daughter there PITW :yoyo:
And she's got to have the best Pa available to have learned all that stuff, and not get all girly on ya.

Excellent ride along with the pics. I did notice that the only ones that were shook up were the ones of live critters. :sneer:
You didnt get buck fever did ya?

Maybe Amanda ought to handle the camera :innocentwhistle: :wink: :wink:

Thanks for bring this to us. :biggrin: Tell her nice job from us too
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

:yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:

Tell Amanda  Atta a Girl  and I don't hand those out lightly   Job well done by both of you
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

coyote101

WOW! Great story and pictures. Congratulations to both of you.  :congrats: :congrats: Thanks.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

RIGHT ON !!!! :yoyo: :yoyo:
Congratulations.  :congrats: :congrats:
You both should be proud!
Scott
Scott

alscalls

WOW.........WOW.......WOW......

WTG Amanda !!!!:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Barry.......Good dog.  Great story and pics I am happy for you both!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Thank's guy's.  I'm going to quit with the picture taking and story telling.  One show's what a dunce I am and the other takes longer than the job.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

:nofgr: Never give up......We love those stories and ya kill more crap than I do. Ya done fine... and you were not on the couch as I was........Gives me a kick in the but to get back out my self and I really do appreciate it. Thanks :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

pitw and Amanda,
      Way to go.  Great hunt and good story and pics!  I love stories with lots of pictures.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

GREAT STORY! And great pics to go with it!    :yahoo:

Tell Amanda she done GOOD!   :thumb2:

Hawks Feather

Congratulations to Amanda!  That has to be a great thrill for both of you.  I am glad that she took you (and your camera) along.  You also did a good job of reporting the hunt.

Jerry

Silencer

That was great, as Al said keep it up, we love and enjoy your pics and stories. 

Tell your daughter congrats and that was a fine shot she pulled off.  As soon as I seen the pic of the moose down I'd thought man they could use that deere in the previous pic  :wink:  and walla....thats what i'd have done !!! 

vvarmitr

Quote from: alscalls on November 18, 2008, 08:49:47 PM
WOW.........WOW.......WOW......

WTG Amanda !!!!:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

I sure don't think you're a goon Pitw!  I appreciate every pix & the the story was very well told. Thanks so very much for sharing this w/ us!  :wink:

Carolina Coyote

Great job to bothof you and Amanda is my kind of gal, congratulations and keep up the good work. cc

HuntnCarve

What an amazing story!  It's funny how everything happens for a reason (Deere showing up).  Congrats to your daughter and yourself.  A great adventure that you'll remember for a lifetime!

Dave

Kuipdog

Thats impressive, very impressive. Congratulations all around!!!
Kuipdog