• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

4-Year-Old Shoots Baby Sitter, Purposely

Started by cathryn, January 06, 2009, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

4-Year-Old Shoots Baby Sitter,

Cops SayAP
JACKSON, Ohio (Jan. 5) - Police say a 4-year-old boy in southern Ohio shot his baby sitter because the sitter accidentally stepped on his foot.
Police said 18-year-old Nathan Beavers and several other teenagers were baby-sitting several young children in a mobile home in Jackson on Sunday when the shooting occurred.

Witnesses told police the 4-year-old retrieved the shotgun from a bedroom closet and shot Beavers. Police said the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot.
Beavers was hospitalized with minor pellet wounds to his arm and side.

Police say another teen was also injured with shotgun pellets.
Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen said authorities are investigating the shooting. The child has not been charged.

what do you think the punishment should be in this type of case involving such a young suspect?It is a serious crime.

http://news.aol.com/article/4-year-old-shoots-babysitter-cops-say/294393

KySongDog

The idiot parent who left a loaded gun in reach of a 4 year old is the one who should be punished.   :rolleye:

Todd Rahm

I'm sure thsi country will try to try him as an adult.  :iroll:

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

LBLDOG

SEMP, is right on 100% !  The parents sound like they need gun safety taught to them for sure. They evidently have a warped mind on guns or they would have been teaching that 4 year old  that guns arent used to solve a persons anger and never point point one at anybody . This world amazes me more and more everyday ! WOW!! :wo: :wo: :wo:

pitw

I'll agree with Semp again  :confused:  I also believe that maybe the media that shows all kinds of violence on television, movie's and games should possibly be held accountable for some these action's.  For they are the one's desensitizing the populace to violence and the consequences of such an act.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Well, we have some pretty sharp kids in Ohio, but I don't know any (four year olds) that know how to remove a firearms lock from a shotgun (without a key), pick the lock on the storage container that has the ammo, load a round into the firearm, and blast away.  That being said, I have heard of some really ignorant people that leave firearms (some loaded) out where a child could pick it up and that is just an accident waiting to happen.  In addition to the fact that there was a shot fired and someone hit, it will no doubt be used as a way to say that there should not be firearms in homes.  After all, if there were no firearms in homes, this would not have happened.   :madd:   Sorry, I was starting to go to my unhappy place.

Jerry

alscalls

Sad...... :sad:
They will try and blame the gun......instead of the idiot who owns it! :argh: :argh:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

nailbender

Hold on here! A 4 yr old?  :confused: How many kids that small have any understanding of firearms? Much less the ability to fire one? Sound to me more like the teenagers were screwing around and are laying it off on a kid.
  I'm sure the anti's are frothing at the mouth on this one. :rolleye:

cathryn

i dont know what happened but my 5 yr old has the knowledge and ability to fire a shotgun if need be.
i wouldnt have one where she can get access to it but shes been around guns and is well aware of how they work.  shes had toy shotguns and has been with her brother when hes shot numerous times. she has even fired a .22 with his guidance.

i have no doubt shed be able to fire a shotgun.