• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Too many coyotes

Started by pitw, January 07, 2009, 06:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I keep telling guy's we have too many coyotes and I certainly proved it yesterday.  I went out the other day and set 9 snares and checked them yesterday and had 6 1/5 coyotes in them.  A porcupine had pulled nuber 8 down and the ninth was under a foot of snow.

The head was only at the set because of the snare.  That one was 30 yd's from the dead box on a feedlot where I was asked to get rid of some.  Guess all his buddies wanted a warm meal instead of out of the frozen aisle.   Gotta go back there tomorrow and set about 20 snares as there are probably that many coyotes around. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

cathryn

pitw

I'm in a state of bliss.  Actually cathryn I don't live in a state I live in a province named Alberta.
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Alberta must be an Indian word meaning, "there's coyotes everywhere".   :laf: That's about one and four fifths fewer coyotes than I've seen in a year in Kentucky.  :madd: You're a lucky man Barry.  :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

cathryn

thats explains why theyre so nice. youre lucky.  our suck. lol

msmith

Thanks for the pics pitw. I have forgotten what they look like. Been on a dry dry run here.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Coulter

Nice catch Barry...I'm sure glad I don't have to skin them bad boys out. You have your work cut out for you man - have fun!

Steve

KySongDog

Too many coyotes.  That's a nice problem to have.  :biggrin:   I drive 100 miles one way to hunt. 

Great pics, by the way.   :congrats:

Silencer

Yotehntr

Wow! great looking coyote's. Must really be rough having to many like that. :wink:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

That one in the first pic has an awesome ghost white face :yoyo:
Man you got you a pile of fur there!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Keep em commin Barry....... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:......Try hunting them..... a fresh skinning job would be a treat after a frozen yote. :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls