• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I put it on my Boys

Started by OKTrap, December 02, 2006, 12:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OKTrap

I have two sons 6 and 9, and a daughter who is 8.

This year will be the boys first year of trapping ... so I put it on them. The had to ask for their own permissions to trap some land, so they did. They both got their permissions, and their permission forms signed. They will get to trap 500 acres.

Now it's not without stipulations. They must maintain positive behavior and good grades. The land owner also had a restriction for them ... no firearms. He boards Horses and neither he nor I want to be responsible for a riccochet.

The boys agreed to his terms, and he said they could limit on whatever they could legally take.

Looks like a good first year for them both ... and just think, all they had to do was ask properly ... with courtesy and respect.

They are now chewing nails waiting for season to open.

OKTrap

Well, Dec 1st opened trapping season for Oklahoma. The snow was not a help for the boys ... they made about 30 yards and gave up. I got a few sets out, and will put out the rest on the 2nd. Here are some pictures of our first day out and what we were faced with.

The snow is about 10 - 12 inches with a 2 - 4 inch layer of ice under it.

Brad H

You have a lot more snow than we do right now. But it's friggin cold with a wind chill warning here. Can't say that I blame your boys much though. lol

I got 12 cat sets out today and I'll get another 15 tomorrow if I can keep out of the wind long enough.

Brad

FinsnFur

You guys dont get much of that do ya?
Man that is paradise up here. I'm jealous lookin at your pics  :eyebrownod:

Nice job with the boys Reg. One advantage you had was pushing em while they are the age their at. Trying to put that on a 14 or 15 yr old woulda turned my household upside down in big hurry   :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

OKTrap

Most all of our comes in March ... seldom do we get it this early. So it was a shocker to the 400,000 idiots that I have to drive to work with in the mornings. They reported 40+ accidents between 6 - 7 am yesterday morning.

fuzz624

Man,i wish we had that snow here.Good luck to you and your boys.

OKTrap

yucca

Sounds like you are teaching your boys well. I bet they are itching for the snow to dissapear so they can get going good.

OKTrap

They are and so am I. I noticed today that I had a large cat print in the middle of one of my sets ... which happened to be frozen.

That won't happen again.  :roflmao:

Hawks Feather

Glad to hear that you are teaching your kids to be responsible trappers and hunters.  It pays off later.

Jerry

WhiteHare

You may have said and I may have missed it.  'Where in OK are you located?'
I have relatives that live around Lawton and Duncan.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com