• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The Unofficiail FinsNFur.net Christmas Tree

Started by THO Game Calls, December 03, 2006, 04:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

My son is a freshman at Southern New Hampshrie University.  He and a group of kids from the school are going down to Mississippe over the Winter Break to assist in the continuing clean up effort after Katrina.  To raise money for the trip, they had a craft fair, which Dad ended up turning thngs for. 

I made a number of these Christmas Tree ornaments out of Timberland Dymondwood.

Figured this one would be a good tree for the forum

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

yucca

studabaka

Very Nice!! I'm guessing they sold out of your stuff. You do beautiful work.  :highclap: :highclap:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Wow.....and my favoritest wood  :eyebrownod:

That's pretty cool. The fur floor must be Rrrrreally thick underneath it because I can't see any presents under it.  :wink:

So...is that a bunch of seperate pieces stacked or did you turn that all at one time?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

Nah, just a 2 inch bloclk of wood that I turned all at once.  If I had tried to glue that many pieces together my fingers would still be stuck together.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

slagmaker

That is a beautifull piece of work Al. It really takes alot of skill to do that
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Al,

If not everything sold, you might post a few of the items here.  I would be glad to help out with his trip.

Jerry

THO Game Calls

Thanks Jerry,  They sold everything they had.  From what I heard, once people found out what they were doing, they not only purchased items, but donated money to the kids too.

I think this is going to be a very educational trip for my son.  The meeting for the parents showed where the kids would be staying, big tents, eating in an outside chow line and showering in a comon shower area.

My only hope is that it is NOT co ed LOL.

I hope this trip will show him how much some people have and how little others have first hand, and I hope he learns from it. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

WhiteHare

Al,
I'm sure he will be a changed young man when he returns.
My brother took several young people there and he reports nothing but positive growth..

Richard
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

studabaka

Experiences like that are priceless and last a life time. I took my son to Guatemala on a medical missions trip. It was a tremendous grounding in perspective and growth in compassion [not pity] for fellow human beings. The only village we visited that had 'showers' was cold water only and make sure to keep your mouth closed and water out while you took it. Most villages were dirt floor mud huts w/o windows, smokie fireplaces, and a hole in the ground in the bushes for a bathroom...... and I would have to say that, on par, these folks were no less happy and maybe more happy then the folks around here.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff