• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

give them a break???

Started by Huntinbull, March 20, 2009, 08:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntinbull

How many of you guys stop hunting coyotes during march and april to let them breed and give birth? I usually dont hunt coyotes from mid march through at least mid may, just to let them get the pups down and weaned. Though July and August can show you some dumb young dogs.

Huntinbull
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

pitw

This would be the ethical thing to do I suppose but I'm more into control around here so I shoot when I see them.
I say what I think not think what I say.

yucca

I usually just hunt from the end of Nov. to the end of Feb.

alscalls

Quote from: pitw on March 20, 2009, 08:44:58 AM
This would be the ethical thing to do I suppose but I'm more into control around here so I shoot when I see them.

+1
Damage control year round is an agreement with some land owners......I would rather hunt them for fur But that dont pay much and Not showing up to much can cost ya ground to hunt on......Hard to get a big area to hunt around here so we try and keep em happy.
Certain things we wont tell people, even some that have been hunting with us.......is how to find those dens. :nofgr:
We would not want someone to be unethical in that way.....so we do not go there.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

wvhillbillyhowler

best time for our dogs march to sep deer season here is to long all the activity push dogs out of reach for most callers  :eyebrow: my self i hunt those son of a bit  es in the ground  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

Frogman

I hunt them all year round.  My success rate is so low that I figure I'm not hurting them much.  The reason I got into coyote hunting was to have something to hunt year round after I retired.  So that's what I do!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

msmith

I give them a break, but not because I wouldn't hunt them year round. I just get real busy in the spring starting with spreading pot ash and potassium, building fence, worming/vaccinating cattle, then hay season, then firewood, then hay again. With that and the extra OT at work in the spring, I just don't get out as much as I would like.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

HaMeR

I have a couple places where the Farmers call the shots. So it's year round on those places. Calves & lambs aren't cheap. Otherwise I don't hunt them on the rest of my properties or even public ground unless I've been itching to get out.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bills Custom Calls

I hunt them year around I haven't  put a dent in the population yet  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Nov. to early March for me. But it's not because I'm against shooting pups or bitches, it's because my finned friends are getting ready to spawn and unlike us calling coyotes, they call me :eyebrownod:

I do have some farmers that call during the summer and ask for help, and I don't even give it a second thought. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Huntinbull

Thanks for all the input. I guess looking at the population and how it is growing WAY TOO FAST I should also work on them year round. Fishing does take some precedence for part of the spring. I started TRYING to coyote hunt years ago and i guess my spring break for them has been based on that old information.

Thanks
Huntinbull
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

LBLDOG

I uusually quit in March and start thinking aboutthe THUNDER CHICKENS , then after that shoot bows all summer give them a break plus its toooo hot and deer ticks are thick. I usually start going a little in Sept. and really get back going oct -march. Im also bowhunting deer and turkey from October -end of Nov.

Silencer

Dont be surprised if you go out calling late spring and summer you call in a bear or two  :innocentwhistle:   

nor-cal yote

I hunt them all year, only thing open all year. Theres plenty of them out here if you put in the time. 
never yell whoa in a horse race

Yotehntr

I only hunt 1/2 the year... the 1/2 with sun light!  :roflmao:  until they let us here in TN hunt at night anyway!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Frogman

Quote from: Yotehntr on March 23, 2009, 09:15:12 PM
I only hunt 1/2 the year... the 1/2 with sun light!  :roflmao:  until they let us here in TN hunt at night anyway!

Good one Yotehntr!!  I liked that!!   :congrats:

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

:roflmao: Thats one way to look at it  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

I don't get to go much.  Don't have good places to go so I hunt whenever I can. 

Carolina Coyote

I don't Hunt them as much as I would like to but when I get to go it don't matter what time of day or night or day of week or month of year. cc

wvhillbillyhowler

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLNNNNN I LOVE IT  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: