• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

PA turkey opener

Started by Silencer, April 25, 2009, 03:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Opening day, 51 degree out this morning.  Thank goodness for good friends.  I've been so busy with baseball and the kids I really havent had time to scout "properly".  I give my bud a call last night and he put me on some birds for this morning.  Cant beat a friend like that.  According to him there's a few jakes and a couple long beards hangin in this area.   I'll have the middle son with me and my brother's takin out the oldest. 
We can only hunt till 8' ish due to the fact Little League opener is today and I have to be at the field by 9 am. 

Wish us luck, I have a complete report upon our return  :yoyo:

KySongDog

Good luck.  Hope y'all git a biggun'!   :yoyo:   Bring back the story and pics!

Silencer

Had about 5 birds going across the valley, no permission there.  Seen 3 hens. 
Did take a cell pic just for the cause.

The oldest is still out with my brother, last I heard they seen about 7 hens and havent even heard a gobble yet, I'm sure my bro will put him on a bird before the day is over. 
Will report back after our little league game with my oldest boys results.

Silencer

The oldest and his uncle worked 2 birds with no luck, they said they're all hened up pretty good right now.  1 bird had 9 hens !!!!!

bigben

went to the cabin last night with my other reletives and had a good time drinkin and playin cards.  got up this mornin and heard hardly any birds which is usual for our area this time of year.  me and my cuz went out to where I normally setup and call and had two hens that seen us walk in.  all the birds where down low yet.  looked for some morels and none are poppin up in our areas.  two other turkey hunters up there had half a grocery bag full out farther along the mountian.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Silencer on April 25, 2009, 03:48:06 PM
  1 bird had 9 hens !!!!!

Boy, that'd be a heck of a problem to have wouldn't it? :laf:

As long as they enjoy it and dont get discouraged, it'll pay off. Best of luck to both of em. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

Sounds like they're running late everywhere this year.

Silencer

Not gonna make it back out till Wed.  Hope the weather holds out for me.  The boys had fun anyhow and enjoyed being outdoors.

Coulter

Good luck Vic...I'm waiting til the temps drop a bit. I might try and sneak out for an hour before work sometime this week. :wink:

Steve