• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Been Thinking....

Started by THO Game Calls, December 18, 2006, 06:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

You know, our winter has been pretty wierd up here.  No snow, way above normal temps and the coyotes sure have not been cooperationg.

One thing we have been noticing is that almost all of the scatt we are finding has white hair in it.  I never put two and two together until last night when we were out locating in a few spots.

We have a lot of Snowshoe hares up here, and they turn white this time of year,  With no snow on the ground, it must be really tough to be a white critter at the bottom of the food chain in a brown forest.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Todd Rahm

Best time for hunting the hares though.  :biggrin:

I hear ya though we are having the same conditions, weather wise.

Brad H

We had everything freeze solid for a few days in the beginning of Dec, which is odd for that time of year. Since then, no snow and above average.

Our jacks have fully turned color and stick out like a sore thumb. I noticed there aren't as many this year either. Even on the dead cold days I only noticed a few running around at night.

Brad

Hawks Feather

Snowshoe Hare?  Oh yea, those are the big bunnies they are trying to reintroduce in the northeast part of the state.  I didn't think about them, but don't think their winter camo would be working over there either.

Jerry

Jimmie in Ky

I can't imagine anything any easier for a coyote, or any predator for that matter, to spot in the fields and woods. It has been a roller coaster ride here too where the weather is concerned. Lets hope things get more normal real soon. Jimmie