• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman's new coyote property

Started by Frogman, May 13, 2009, 07:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Guys,

In my post about finding a tick I mentioned that I was scouting a new piece of property that I had just gotten permission to coyote hunt on.  Well on Tuesday 5/13/09 I made arrangements with the land owner to hunt this property.  I was at the area and set up on my first stand at 7:30 AM.  Problem was there was a heavy fog that morning.  Made it easy to set out the e-call without being seen.  Bad thing was that the knee high grass was soaking wet.  After walking out to my first stand site I was soaked from the knees down.  Here is a photo taken about 8:00 AM from my first stand  The Scorpion is set out about 100 yards in the meadow to the right in this photo . . .

Another shot about 15 minutes later . . .

And another taken about 8:30 AM  The call is out toward the power line tower. . .

This shot is to my left . . .

And to my right . . .

Here is another shot taken to my left after the fog was completely gone . . .

Here you can see the Scorpion set out about 100 yards out in the field with the place where I was sitting in the edge of the brush in the background just above the e-call . . .

And here is a close up shot of where I was sitting . . .

This farm is nearly 200 acres.  90 percent of it is meadows.  There are several wooded ravines that extend out into the meadows like the one in the first few photos.  The meadow to my left in the photos above is the biggest one.  The river is in the back of the photos with woods running all along the river.  The landwoner and his wife have seen and heard coyotes in this area quite a bit.  The wife told me she had seen a coyote cross the big meadow between the time I scouted this property and the day I hunted it!!    I only did two stands on this hunt because I had to get back to the house.  Didn't see or hear any coyotes, but I will be trying this spot again soon!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Oh great, you just posted all these pics of your new hunt area and now Al's going to track it down and steal all your coyotes.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

All I gotta do is wait for him to over hunt it and the yotes will come to me......... :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls