• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Coyotes Beware!!

Started by Hidehunter, December 24, 2011, 02:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

55 grain Hornady V-Max pushed by 34.5 grains of IMR 4320 cruisin' about 3575 fps.  Just got them finished.  Im locked, cocked and ready to Rock  :eyebrow:

Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

Looks like you are ready to go.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

fuzz269

Yote Buster

:highclap: The Vmax Sings.... looks nice
1 Shot, 1 Kill, it is what it is

KyBoarSlayer

those look like 22.250, nice, what do they group like ?

Hidehunter

Quote from: KyBoarSlayer on February 01, 2012, 09:11:38 AM
those look like 22.250, nice, what do they group like ?

Yup they are 250's...cut holes at a hundred and about 1/2"-1" at 200.   I push them through a savage Predator Hunter.
Denver                                           

KyBoarSlayer

since you had to share, and I was beginning to fear I was the only one obsessed enough to photograph my own handloads, I thought I would offer these up:

Look at the wicked hollowpoint on these 52 gr Speer HPs. These are in 22-250 ahead of 39.5 gr of H380 for somewhere in the neighborhood of 3750 fps, depending on the time of year. These loads will flatten an aluminum can filled with water like you had steamrolled the aluminum.

I also load them in .223 in front of Benchmark for around 3200 fps. These are extremely accurate and will also render an aluminum can into many little strips, its quite entertaining.

.223 in front of the loading block, 22-250's in the rear.

Still pending on fur performance, I have read that at 22-250 speeds the 52 gr Speers can be a little harsh, but who knows ? The one coyote that gave me a chance  I missed, so Im still waiting to find out  :shrug:

Hidehunter

Yup I have some of those speers.  have shot them through 223 but havent tried them yet in the 250.
Denver                                           

Carolina Coyote

Good looking stuff, love them V-Max, They sure shoot good in my 243wssm. cc

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: KyBoarSlayer on February 01, 2012, 12:21:14 PM
since you had to share, and I was beginning to fear I was the only one obsessed enough to photograph my own handloads, I thought I would offer these up:

Look at the wicked hollowpoint on these 52 gr Speer HPs. These are in 22-250 ahead of 39.5 gr of H380 for somewhere in the neighborhood of 3750 fps, depending on the time of year. These loads will flatten an aluminum can filled with water like you had steamrolled the aluminum.

I also load them in .223 in front of Benchmark for around 3200 fps. These are extremely accurate and will also render an aluminum can into many little strips, its quite entertaining.

.223 in front of the loading block, 22-250's in the rear.

Still pending on fur performance, I have read that at 22-250 speeds the 52 gr Speers can be a little harsh, but who knows ? The one coyote that gave me a chance  I missed, so Im still waiting to find out  :shrug:
Wow after looking at your benches I need to Clean mine up

Good looking loads on both of you guys !!
Fuzzy