• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

For Jerrys Kids, or just Jerry.

Started by Todd Rahm, July 09, 2009, 07:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

:biggrin:

Jerry isn't about time for ya to sell one of your calls via auction soon, for the Latta foundation?

What ya got new in the burl department.  :biggrin:

pitw

Todd I'm thinking that now that he has his fishing buddy with him for a bit that turning calls has taken a backseat to turning smiles :shrug:  Maybe sometime though.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

I probably should get some finished up.  Maddie left yesterday, but I am still doing volunteer work at the boy scout camp each day.  Monday and Wednesdays are from 1:00 to about 10:00 p.m. and I need Tuesday and Thursday mornings to rest and rehydrate.  Rehydrate?  Yep, I have been throwing birds (single cock throwers on a trailer) and sometimes giving instruction each afternoon and two evenings to scouts working on their shotgun merit badges.  While it is enjoyable, there is no shade on the trailer which allows me plenty of time to SWEAT.  I do drink over a half-gallon of water each afternoon, but the sun still drains me.  As for the shooting, on Friday afternoon as some scouts were trying to finalize their requirements (between 1:30 and 5:20) there were over 650 rounds (and birds) going down range.  The scouts rotate between three 20 guage 870 express shotguns.  The guns were purchased in 1995 and I really wonder how many shells have been fired by them.  If you do a very conservative figure of 500 rounds per week and the four weeks of camp that is 2,000 rounds per shotgun for the camp.  Last year there were five weeks of camp and in several prior years there were six, but to keep it simple we will just figure an average of 2,000 per summer camp which works out to around 30,000 shots per shotgun since they were new.  Then there are those 90,000 birds . . . . . .   I sure am glad that I haven't been there for all of them.

Jerry

Bills Custom Calls

Jerry
You seem a little busy right now but I bet you are enjoying yourself alot.Keep hydrated
And we will be here when things slow down for you

By the way did you remember your camera  :wink:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call