• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Am i calling wrong

Started by yotehunter1, December 27, 2006, 10:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotehunter1

I have been using my critr call standard model on a few farm and trips. I have tried to mix the sounds up including pup distess, pup howls, deer bawls and rabbit distress. Am i over calling beause I know there are yotes in the area. What are some good calls and sequences to use on my next outing.

Thank you

Tyler

FinsnFur

Tyler...check out some of the links we've posted at the top of the Predator Hunting front page.
We've been working on that section of the site for a while now.
Were doing that so members like yourself can easily find common info in numerous version.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jimmie in Ky

I have some questions for you.

Are you changing th calls up during a stand?

Are you using the same stands each time?

Are you doing these stands at the same time of day ,each time you go out?

I am thinking of some of th mistakes that many beginers make. This sport is diferent enough from other critters you've hunted that it can be confusing. Coyotes are not like deer in that you can predict within a few minutes each day where they will be. Territories are much larger than those of other animals and they don't always use the same route each and every time they are there. And they may be there an hour later than they were th first time you saw them when they pass through again. They may not be there for a week or two weeks and suddenly show back up. The only thing they seem to be predictable in is where they prefer to bed down in an area. This is why scouting is so important to us here in the east. Through our scouting we soon learn how to find these bedding areas, at least get them down to within 2 or 3 square miles and improve our chances of taking a few of them .Jimmie