• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Youth Promotional Hunt Contest

Started by FinsnFur, September 30, 2009, 08:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Congratulations Lil Dub!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  Heckuva buck you got there buddy!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Little Dub

Quote from: Little Dub on November 18, 2009, 05:58:23 PM
My name is Carson Brannan and my dad took me hunting in Gray, GA Jones county .That day was the best.  I was in the stand with my dad and we were about to go back to camp. We waited tell 9:20 and my dad had just stud up and a big doe came down the hill. My dad couldn’t set down. My dad whispered “wait there I hear a buck grunting.” Thin a big 9 pointer walked down the hill. I got excited and was scared to move. The buck walked in behind us. My dad picked my 3030 up and cocked it. My dad spooked the deer and the deer ran the way he came in and stopped. I grabbed the gun and propped it on the railing. I found the deer in the scope I pulled the trigger when the bullet hit I knew I killed that deer. 

GunDog

Pretty good story there little Dub! BUT, you did leave out some pretty good details, grin. That MUNSTER is going to look great on your wall! Congrats again Little buddy. See Ya soon ..........  :yoyo: :wink:

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

Great story!! Felt like I was there!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Jojo

Excellent hunting Little Dub!  It's pretty exciting that your first is a nine point and with your Dad.  Hope you get many many more. Everyone who see's the pictures should be as excited as you were.  It's nice that you wrote about it and you will remember that day for the rest of your life!  You Dad will too, I'm sure he is very proud of you. Can't wait to see him displayed.  Keep up the spirit!!!!!!!!  Good luck over Thanksgiving!  :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

msmith

It's been a couple of weeks since I perused through here. WOW, it's good to see these youngsters getting out there and getting the job done and taking some WHOPPER deer to boot.  :yoyo: Bigger than anything I have ever scored. WTG fellas, keep it up.  :congrats:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

middlemark93

Hi, My name is Mark.  I am 14 yrs. old and I got this buck on Monday the 30th of November.  Once I got in the woods, my Dad and I sat at a tree for a few hours seeing at least 7 different deer.  I shot at a 6 point and missed 5 times.   I think two hours passed and these two little fawns came not even 2 foot away from me.  It was an exciting occurance.  After that my Dad and I went to eat and came back to the same spot as before.  This time we had my dads friend driving for us.  Ten minutes passed and my dad got a call from his friend saying he kicked up a doe and a 6 point.  Not even a minute went by before I saw that deer.  He was running right at me! I pulled the gun up right at his chest/heart and pulled the trigger.  I looked at him and he dropped right where I shot him.  It was so exciting, and this is my first buck.  Guess what, no buck fever!

FinsnFur

Awesome job Mark :yoyo:

No buck fever? Ah c'mon now :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Way to go Mark!  Your first buck!  That's quite an accomplishment.  Sounds like you had a little Buck fever on the first go around. :laf:  Your persistence paid off.  Congrats on filling your tag.

Dave

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

Way to go Mark.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations on the buck.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

msmith

QuoteI shot at a 6 point and missed 5 times.

Sounds like somebody else I know, when they were 14.  :innocentwhistle:

Good goin' Mark. Looks like you got a real good shot on him!  :yoyo:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

FOsteology

pitw

Right on Mark :yoyo:. Feel proud as you deserve too.
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Congradulations Mark. :congrats: That's a nice buck you got. :yoyo:

GunDog

Congrats on a fine buck Mark! Good story as well little dude. I wished I didn't get the "fever" sometimes, grin. Congrats again ... :yoyo: :highclap: :yoyo:

middlemark93

this has nothing to do with my deer.  thanks everyone though. i need to know how to send FOsteology a PM because i won a rifle scope in a contest that he had and i dont know how to send him a PM, any suggestions comment back

Thanks, Mark

HuntnCarve

Mark,

I found out that you have to have made 25 posts (you've only made 4) before you can send Private Messages here.  It's to prevent spamming.  I let FOsteology know that you were trying to get hold of him, and took care of the details.  Okay!

Dave