• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

She finally got to me

Started by MattS, January 01, 2007, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattS

Well she finally got to me. She has been hounding me forever to take her hunting so I figured a stand or two looking for the wiley one would be the easiest on her. She is four years old and I had her snugged up pretty good in cloths. That was a mistake. We never got 50 yards away from the truck walking down a smooth road when whe was tired. We finally made it to where I wanted to make a stand and I couldn't get her to sit down. The ground was too cold, she says. Now, I have been waiting to hunt this one property for a while. The wind was always wrong, except for today. I was excited and I was really hoping she could last at least 15 minutes. Again, I was wrong. We got all set up and she wouldn't stay still. She is wanting to huddle up against me as I am trying to call and keep my gun ready. After all of that and obviously not getting to see anything moving out there. I was still very glad to get her out there with me and hope she continues to want to go.

Hawks Feather

MattS,

That hat says more than any number of coyotes you could have shot.

Jerry

GC

You could have killed a triple on coyotes today and twenty years from now never find the photos.  I'm betting those two pic's will be close to hand for a very long time.  She's a cutie... :congrats:
"Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always RIGHT!"

DirtyDog

Nice,

I can still remember the first time I took my boy hunting with me. He complained the whole time, but we did have fun.

Joe

KySongDog

Forget the coyotes. Time with your little one is what really matters. They grow up way too fast.

Semp

Bopeye

Yepper................maybe no coyote, but what a day........outstanding!!!  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

MattS

I know I will remember this forever and hopefully she does too.  I am a proud papa today.

Smith

Way to go MattS! :highclap: My kids were the same way, they still are but they are a blast to hunt with!
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

kiyitec

WOW are your hands full!  Keep her out in the field 'til she is at least 35, or keep that rifle handy.  And don't forget to look at it from all perspectives-  all the new guns and calls you can buy in the guise    "of course it's not for me, honey. . ."     KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

FinsnFur

That's funny.
I'm with these guys.....It's the time with you she wanted and she got it.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

stevecriner

Thats Priceless right there. I cant wait till my lil girl gets here!
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

keekee

Cool! I hope you get many more days in the field with her! Spend all the time with here you can at that age, they grow up fast!

Brent