• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Goat Killer

Started by JohnP, November 14, 2009, 10:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Got a call from a friend this morning, said he has a goat killing coyote visiting his daughters goat shed.  Seems she went out this morning to feed and saw a coyote running off with something in its mouth.  As she got closer to the shed she saw one of her does on the ground and partially eaten.  Told him to drag the dead goat about 100 yards or so from the shed and I would be over just before dark.  May have a picture or two later tonight.  No walking involved, drive over to his place, climb up the ladder and lay on the shed roof until something happens. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HuntnCarve

Good hunting John!  I have a feeling that coyote's had his last Kabob.

Carolina Coyote

Hope you get him JP. cc

JohnP

Went over to my buddies place about two hours before dark to see if I could kill his daughters goat killer.  As I was walking to the goat shed I happened to look up and saw this guy perched up there.  He was looking in the direction of where the goat was laying in a shallow wash.

As I was walking out to place the caller (Scorpion) a bit closer to the goat carcass this guy came up out of the wash, give me a bit of a surprise.  At least I knew there was enough left to draw some interest by the scavengers.  As I was watching Ole Miss kick Tennessee around the footbal field ealier today I got to thinking that maybe he would come back during the day and finish eating him or maybe drag him off and I may have missed an opportunity to kill him.  

Got back to the shed climbed up the ladder laid down and turned on call #56 Kid Goat Distress.  I didn't even get to jack a round in my chamber when I saw movement coming down the hillside headed in the direction of the goat, but I couldn't  tell what it was.  Jacked a round in and waited for "it" to come into a clear spot.  "It" turned out to be Mr. Wiley Coyote, surprise, surprise.  As he came down the hill, not a care in the world, I debated to shoot him now or wait till he got a bit closer.  He stopped at the top of the wash and looked down at his dirty deed.  Probably thinking he had a good day and didn't even have to work hard for his meal.  He may not have had to work to hard for his meal but he definitely did not have a good day.

The business end of a goat killer.

P.S.  Just thought I'd throw in that snide little remark about Ole Miss beating Tennessee for the benefit of our TN members.  

pitw

Good job John  :yoyo:.  Kinda like Babe Ruth you are, calling the shot etal  :bowingsmilie:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

:shrug:  Are there folks here from TN?  LOL  :wink:   Great job on the goat killer John!   :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Bills Custom Calls

Way to Go John  :yoyo: :yoyo:

That one done ate its last meal
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Looks like he was thinking something else during the ballgame :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Good Job JP, Now the buzzards get another meal.  :yoyo: cc

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

Nice job on the goat killer Mr. John.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

Looks like another "typical day at the office" for you John. :congrats:  Way to go!

Mallardsr

Tennessee has a football team? Whoda thunk it! Nice job on the yote!

HaMeR

We all knew that dogs days were numbered when the Farmer called you John!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Don't know about you JP, but it is so much sweeter to nail a stock killer! :eyebrow:
Atta boy John! :congrats:

SCcoyotehunter

Yet another happy farmer. WTG :yoyo:

iahntr

Pretty cool John.
Nice job !
Scott

GunDog

I hate a goat steeling Coyote now ..... I really do ......  :argh:  Our heard rests easy .......

Knowing these guys are always on patrol watching over them .......

Here where I'm at we could not have the goats without the guard dogs help. Between the yotes and the wild dogs in the area we'd be out of the goat business in a hurry.

JohnP

Is that your herd?  Some nice looking goats. 

GunDog

Yes sir, they are ours Mr JohnP. We have enjoyed the goats here on the farm more than anything I think. I had 50 adult nannies and two fullblood billies out there for a while. It got to be more than I could handle. I try to keep just 20 or so here now. We should be kidding a few anyday now. If I could just figure out how to make a profit with them? We started this herd about three years ago with Full Blood Boers, adding some purebreds and high percentage boer does to build the herd. The parasites hit me pretty hard raising straight high percentage and registerd boers. I cut my herd in half and sold off the Boer Bills. I put a Kiko in their place? Thought I would try a little different angle ......  :confused:  I still have a lot to learn about the goats for sure ......  :whew:

I forgot to congratulate you on the goat steeler you took out for your friend there. He sure won't be bothering them no more ...... ya make it look too easy Mr JohnP ...... Congrats to you sir ...... again!  :congrats:  After the new wears off the deer season opener here we'll try and get rid of a few more goat steelers ourselves .......  :wink: