• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Deer Season

Started by JohnP, November 21, 2009, 10:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

My deer season starts next week so I thought I had better go out and do some scouting, although it is in an area that I have hunted in for the past 30+ years.  Since I was going out I thought might as well take my calls along - just in case I found a good spot to call in :innocentwhistle:  As luck would have it I found a nice calling spot and decided to give it a try.  Started calling and within two minutes had these two come running in.  Gave a sharp bark and the big male stopped and looked my way.  He died at about 15 yards, looked for the other and saw her running about 200 yards out and getting ready to go over the top of a small rise.  Lined her up best I could and squeezed one off, she never stopped, topped out and went out of sight.  Went down and put the male on the scale, 27 pounds.  Decided I'd go over to the ridge that the other coyote went over and look around and maybe try to call her in.  As I got to the top of that little ridge there she was, laid out at the bottom, dead as dead could be.  Put her on the scale 18 pounds, I have killed bobcats that weigh more than she did. 

I hate to post pictures of myself.  All the girls start sending me e-mails wanting my phone number, want to know if I'm married, sending me pictures wearing suggestive clothing and such.   
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

iahntr

Good shootin John.  :congrats:
Man it's hard to keep a good man down ain't it !  :laf:

Quote from: JohnP on November 21, 2009, 10:38:30 AM
I hate to post pictures of myself.  All the girls start sending me e-mails wanting my phone number, want to know if I'm married, sending me pictures wearing suggestive clothing and such.   

:laf: I hear ya. I hate it when that happens!  :laf:
Scott

JohnP

I forgot to mention that I also found this little 3 pointer but I think I would pass on him.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

I hate to post pictures of myself.  All the girls start sending me e-mails wanting my phone number, want to know if I'm married, sending me pictures wearing suggestive clothing and such.  

What a coincidence!  That same thing happens to me everytime!  Must be the projection of mature manliness in the picture that attracts them.   :wo:     :roflmao:   :roflmao:

BTW, nice coyotes and good luck on your deer hunt!   :eyebrownod:

pitw

I hate to post pictures of myself. 

Boy do I hear that.  Gotta love the female laying there for ya. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

So much for the scouting trip uh.  :doh2:
Boy that must suck   :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

alscalls

You suck......  I mean I am jealous ..... :laf: :laf:      :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

golfertrout

you look like a coyote killen machine, good gob :yoyo:

SCcoyotehunter

GunDog

Congrats on the youte Mr JohnP! Sounds like the scouting went well for ya! Wished I could help ya out with some of those annoying phone calls but don't think the wife would allow it  ....   :nono: