• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Thanks Dave( HuntnCarve)

Started by CCP, November 22, 2009, 03:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

I usually don’t post much hunting on the boards any more. I feel this hunt was special in a few ways so thought I would share. I was supposed to be on a hunt filming Mike deer hunting this weekend in South AL . Unfortunately my back acted up this week.

As you know we are gathering prizes for the LBL hunt to give away. There are a lot of great prizes and some great guy’s have already stepped up.  Friday evening I stepped out the door and there was a package there from HuntNcarve it was the calls for the LBL hunt give away. I went ahead and opened the package and found a letter along with it.

It had a list of the calls for the LBL then a

Quote“I tossed in a gift for you it’s a Black Walnut one piece call, in a duck call style. Hope you like it! It’s no big deal. I appreciate you handling the logistics of getting the LBL calls up to the hunt.

Man this is a beautiful call “I still can’t get over Dave sending me this.” I quickly introduced it to the wife and cats. I know deep down it made their day hearing Dave’s call. :laf:

I put it up on the self with a few call collectibles. This Morning I was feeling a little better and it was raining, foggy and dreary out. I was wishing I was on that hunt with Mike. Stuck here at the house is a bummer especially with perfect coyote weather. I begin to think of a small 50 acre thicket 2 min down the road I have scouted several times. No one to hunt with and to wet to film outside a blind today.

Well I grabbed Dave’s call and played with it a little more. That’s when I decided to take it and the little Ruger PC4 out.  

I not only Thank Dave for the call but also the coyote then the fact that without him sending me that call I would not have gone out today and got my first kill with the little Ruger.

Dave Just want you to know I felt as tho you were with me today on that hunt.
THANKS!!!!!

Dave you not only build a beautiful call but a great sounding call also.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:              :highclap: :highclap: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Who's the guy with the hair cut?    :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

WTG Richard. :yoyo: Dave makes some great calls. He's gonna love this. :eyebrownod:

topdawg

is that the gun u had at red bird......was it a bang flop
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

CCP

Who's the guy with the hair cut?

Went and got it skinned off right before the hunt. You can see my little ears :laf:

Quoteis that the gun u had at red bird......was it a bang flop

Yeap!

The story of the hunt was I used a tactic I use alot when I hunt by myself. I first setup on a trail leading toward where I think the coyotes to be. I called for 3 series then moved 60 yards up the trail toward the coyotes then set down facing down the trail at a bend, I usually set and wait 10 to 15 min if nothing comes I start calling again.

I sat down maybe 2 min and seen the coyote coming at around 40 yards. I put the bead on him and waited to see how close he would come. At 8 yards he stopped and stood there for what seemed like 5 min but was probably more like 30 seconds. He then turned broad side and took a step but then turned his head right at me.At that moment I pulled the trigger.

He hit the ground and jump back up but went right back down. A few twitches later there was a big grin on my face. A 40 cal hole in and about a 50 cent piece hole out.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

SCcoyotehunter

Great story Richard, I love to see dead coyotes. Hey, Where can a man score one of those stickers? Are they for sale on the website???
FF

alscalls

Love the story to go with a nice call....... :highclap: :highclap: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :highclap: :highclap:

little ears..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

GunDog

It's nice to see folks give credit back where credit is due ..... it was a great story CCP. Congrats on the yote with pics and details .....  :yoyo:

KySongDog

Quote from: CCP on November 22, 2009, 05:47:13 PM
Who's the guy with the hair cut?

Went and got it skinned off right before the hunt. You can see my little ears :laf:

I got it all skinned off a couple of years ago and it feels much better.  :biggrin:     Great story, Rich!   :congrats:

FinsnFur

I bet he went and got a haircut only minutes before the hero pic :laf: :laf:

Nice looking yote :yoyo: What the heck you got wrapped around his neck?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

QuoteWhat the heck you got wrapped around his neck?

Forgot to take his collar off. :laf:

Those are actually bungees holding the coyote down. One small one across the neck and 2 different size ones across the body.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

golfertrout

nice yote and the call is a good one to  :yoyo:

vvarmitr

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 22, 2009, 09:56:50 PM
I bet he went and got a haircut only minutes before the hero pic :laf: :laf:

I think that I have to agree with this.

Looks like you had a good time and that is what is important.  That and putting meat on the table.

Jerry

CCP

QuoteWho's the guy with the hair cut?

QuoteI got it all skinned off a couple of years ago and it feels much better.

QuoteI bet he went and got a haircut only minutes before the hero pic

QuoteI bet he went and got a haircut only minutes before the hero pic laff laff

I think that I have to agree with this.

After all these comments about my hair I had to go look in the mirror myself.
I have to admit I did look a little Sempish :roflmao: :roflmao: :laf:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

vvarmitr

Quote from: CCP on November 23, 2009, 10:00:50 AM
I did look a little Sempish :roflmao: :roflmao: :laf:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:      :holdon: Oops! I think I peed myself.  :doh2:

JohnP

Thanks for the story and the picture.  You'll have to go a long way before you find a better man than Dave.  He sent me my grandsons first call plus one for myself also.  I did as you did, played around with it then took it out and killed a coyote using it.  A couple of the other call makers did likewise for my grandson and I'll post a picture of their calls with a dead coyote -- after my deer season.   I think the call makers on this board are going to send me to the poor house or divorce court.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

:roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:  If I'm Dr. Evil, then Rich must me Mini-Me.   :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao: