• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Winter caribou hunt

Started by Tikaani, December 05, 2009, 08:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

That time of year, got these two in the high country.  Sorry that there are not more pictures.  Days are short, so time afield goes quick, wanted to be out of the mountains before dark so pictures were on hold.    Small bull and a cow, this will fill the the rest of the freezer for the winter ahead. 

Hunt hard, Die tired
John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

pitw

Good going on the meat John. :yoyo:.  I'm glad it's you and them hills instead of me :whew:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

WTG John!!!!!     :yoyo: :yoyo:  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Man I hope when I die that God will let me spend a few years just looking at that place!!!  I gotta try and get there someday.
Thanks for sharing and stay safe. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

GunDog

Congrats on the freezer meat Tikaani and thanks for the pics, very pretty country up that way.  :yoyo:

Okanagan

Thanks for sharing the pics with us.  Not many but wow do they ever tell a story.  Beautiful country.

coyote101

It sure is beautiful there John. Thanks for sharing.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

I cant get over how big the country looks there with that landscape. It's just amazing. :wink:

Nice sleigh of meat ya got there too. I'm fascinated with your way of life up there. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BigB

John, how do you like the caribou venison compared to the other families of venison?  I was able to take a couple caribou up in Quebec a few years ago, and the caribou definitely had a different flavor to it.

Beautiful pics.  I always look forward to the pics in your posts.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Tikaani

Brian,  I prefer moose over caribou but you are right it has a different flavor.  My wife however loves caribou especially burgers soup and tacos and is always excited when I bring them home.  Thanks for all the comments guys, I always feel blessed when I am running around the outdoors here and am glad I can share it.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

msmith

Thanks John for sharing your hunts and activities with us. We get to experience a beautifiul part of the world that most of us will never have the chance to see in person. I thoroughly enjoy every picture and story. Congrats on a successful hunt.  :highclap:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Hidehunter

I WILL go there oneday.  I elk hunted the Rockies which was my first dream, and you are living in my other.  Keep them pics coming  :yoyo:
Denver                                           

golfertrout

love to go ther atleast once :yoyo:

Todd Rahm

Nice job John and you wasn't kidding when ya said you was thinking about going out.  :biggrin:

I'm one of those few that prefere the taste of bou over moose myslef.  :sneer:

iahntr

Congrats John. Nice job.
Did ya make it down in that valley?
Or are these from that area?
Scott

Bopeye

Oh boy!! Looks like a fine time. Gotta hunt quick with the few hours of daylight you have...yes?

That country is beautiful!!!

Congratulations my friend.  :yoyo: :congrats:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

JohnP

Beautiful country and congratulations on the kill.  Is two the limit?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

Great pictures, John.   :congrats:   I've never ate caribou or moose.  Now I gotta try it. 

How many hours of daylight do you get this time of year?

HuntnCarve

Been having computer problems, so I missed this one.  Way to go John!  Looks like you should be set for the Winter.

Dave

HaMeR

That's cool!! There's definitely a satisfying feeling knowing there will be food in the house all winter. Congrats on a couple nice caribou.  :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Congrats on filling the freezer.  You mentioned that the days are getting shorter.  How much daylight do you have now?

Jerry