Main Menu

Cheap Snow Camo?

Started by Hidehunter, December 10, 2009, 05:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Farm and Fleet

If your talking RRRRReall cheap, you can use a disposable paint suit from Wally World.

You guys gets some snow, which dont happen very often?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Used white work uniforms, bed sheets to make something like a poncho, pillow cases with head and arm holes

pitw

Used can of white paint, what Jim said, what Ed said, table cloth and the wifes old wedding dress. :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Quote from: pitw on December 10, 2009, 07:35:58 AM
Used can of white paint, what Jim said, what Ed said, table cloth and the wifes old wedding dress. :shrug:

So tell us Barry!! What is the real reason behind your bell ringing post from this AM?? Any confessions??  :shrug:  I bet you wore her good red spike heeled shoes with it didn't ya!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

The cheap painters suits. Some camo tape stuck on randomly breaks up the solid white mass if you don't want that look.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

I found some pillow cases at the Dollar tree that already had a pattern on them faint blue streaks .......soccer balls....golf clubs...Mostly black and white........My wife sewed them together and used a white hand towel for a hood .

I have used it many times in the field and I love it.........I got $3 in it and it has lasted a long time.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

slagmaker

One of my cousins and myself found some cloth shower curtains at the dollar store for cheap. We cut a slit right in the middle and hemmed it. Wear it like a poncho and it works fine.

I used to be able to get ahold of those painters suits from work and they work pretty good. Once you start walking through biars and such they start tearing and giving you a guilyes suit kind of look.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

bigben

I have in a pinch used a bed sheet i have that has brown flowers on it.  looked natural when sitting in a snow bank. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Coulter

You could just join the... Oh, I better not go there :innocentwhistle:

weedwalker

Quote from: Coulter on December 10, 2009, 03:47:20 PM
You could just join the... Oh, I better not go there :innocentwhistle:

Kentucky
Koyote
Kallers

:biggrin:

FinsnFur

Quote from: bigben on December 10, 2009, 09:13:08 AM
I have in a pinch used a bed sheet i have that has brown flowers on it.  looked natural when sitting in a snow bank. 

Ben, are you sure those brown things were flowers? :wink: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

I ran across some lightweight snow camo recently in Sportsman's Warehouse and surprised myself by buying a set.  (I've always gone with paint overalls, etc.)   The brand is GAMEHIDE. It was cheap and on sale as well.  I think it is normally about $20-22 per jacket or pant so it is low cost anyway.    It is lingerie thin  :iroll: and all synthetic, so it wads into a ball in my daypack, and is quiet and soft.  We won't even consider using any kind of cotton in hunting clothes  in our wet conditions.  I bought one size larger to go over cold weather clothes as needed.  The color is grey and black vegetation streaks on white.  The current fashion fad of white urban camo and mostly white hip hop style is good and as soon as this fad ends there will be lots of it on sale racks in places like Target.

All my camo is as thin and lightweight as possible, because I use it almost exclusively for calling critters and usually don't put it on till I pick my calling stand.  I wore the snow camo all day in cold and snow this week however and it did fine.  One one stand for a lynx I put snow camo on the bottom and dark on top to blend with the spot, mix and match you know!  Too bad the lynx did not come by to appreciate my ensemble.  I also carry two pieces of super thin synthetic cloth and some clothes pins.  One cloth is bare ground camo, the other white, 4 feet wide by nine feet long, and I pin up a blind to bushes as needed to hide all motion but my head behind.

Just thought to look it up and below is a link.  FNF you may delete such a link is this isn't kosher.  They show it on sale for $19.00.  It looks like the one I have.

http://www.gamehide.com/product-p/snj.htm

ohiolinmn

army surplus $5.00 pants $5.00 parka

pitw

Quote from: ohiolinmn on December 10, 2009, 07:43:10 PM
army surplus $5.00 pants $5.00 parka

I have the nylon pull over pant's and button up jacket[with hood] from them and it's the toughest stuff I've found.  Spill a couple blotch's of used motor oil on it and you are good to go :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

For years my snow camo was the Canadian army snow camo jacket that I bought at a surplus place.  I've lost it somewhere along the way.  It was a HUGE hooded parka down below my knees, made of heavy nylon it was a little noisy but so long and voluminous that it covered everything, no need for any other camo clothes.   It had massive buttons big enough to button with gloved hands.  Slits let you reach pockets in clothes underneath.  Don't know where to buy another one.  I paid $7 for mine at Surplus Herby's.

With a rifle covered in white camo cloth and tape it was good snow camo.

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.